Sales, Legal, Marketing
Lawyerist is dedicated to guiding healthier small law firms. Why healthier? Lots of programs focus on profits. We think financial health is important too, but not at the expense of everything else. Our programs guide attorneys to build client-centered firms with healthy foundations, systems, teams, and of course, healthy owners. We offer content, education, community, tools and product recommendations that small firms need to start, manage and grow practices of the future. We’re currently looking for a sales coordinator who can help us kick-start the sales process for inviting ideal candidates into our communities.
Our Team & Values
Successful team members are tech-savvy and love finding new and smart ways to work. We take pride in our work and hold ourselves and each other to high standards. We take initiative and problem solve on our own, but also recognize when to ask for help. We are ambitious and often set big goals, and love hustling to make them happen. We’re also real people who have lives outside work. We have families and hobbies—puzzles, games, cooking, and music to name a few. We love inside jokes (but we’ll get you up to speed) and enjoy each other’s company. We are a distributed team because we want to attract the best talent and offer flexibility in work location.
All of our employees should share our commitment to these core company values:
- Build an inclusive tribe. You care most about doing good things for our community.
- Improve the system. You are someone who sees the big picture and seeks ways to improve our business and our processes.
- Create value. You care about building value for our community and our team in everything we do.
- Grow as People. You are focused on growing professionally and personally.
- Find the lever. You try to find ways to have more impact than the work you put in by prioritizing the most important things you do.
Job Opportunity Details
The sales coordinator works closely with our Marketing and Community Teams and reports to the Marketing Team Lead. This position is remote and currently scoped at 25% full-time equivalent, (about 10 hours per week) with an opportunity for growth as demand grows. Our team works 9 AM – 5 PM Central Time.
Salary range: $40,000 – $50,000 full-time equivalent, depending on qualifications. We also offer professional development, benefits (profit-sharing, retirement matching, and healthcare allowance), flexible vacation, and a great team of people you can be proud to work with every day.
Your Roles & Responsibilities
You have the desire, skills, and experience needed to lead the following activities, all of which require a high-level attention to detail, organization, and systems-thinking. Your responsibilities will include:
Sales Qualification Calls (90%) Conduct both inbound and outbound sales calls with attorneys from the Lawyerist community.
- Call and email qualified leads to schedule sales strategy calls
- Conduct scripted sales call to determine attorney’s pain points, whether they are a fit for our paid communities, and which programs will best benefit them
- Relentless follow-up on no-show and those who haven’t scheduled yet
- Document detailed notes and next steps from the calls in our CRM system and document and communicate trends across calls for our marketing team to use
Sales Strategy (10%) Suggesting and implementing strategies for marketing and sales.
- Make suggestions based on sales calls (pain points, ideas, etc.) to use on website/email copy.
- Implement and track 1×1 LinkedIn outreach strategy
- Understand the company’s digital marketing and make suggestions based on trends
Your Skills, Passions, and Personality
What you need to succeed:
- Designated professional, quiet space and a fast and reliable internet connection
- A genuine love of listening and uncovering people’s pain points, creating a dialogue with them about what help they need, and discovering whether solving their pain points would be valuable
- Excited to follow up with people and navigate common sales objections
- Experience in sales calls and converting leads to clients (virtual experience is a plus)
- Awareness of the legal industry and small firm markets is a plus
- Ability to form personal connections quickly
- Organization and ability to self direct work
- Commitment to improving the business and its systems and processes
- Passion to help build a well-run company that is focused on improving the lives and businesses of small firm lawyers around the country
- Desire to achieve specific data-driven metrics and flexibility to adjust course to ensure goals are accomplished
- Ability to work with a distributed team including using technology to regularly communicate and collaborate with team members
- Available to travel to in-person team meetings in non-pandemic times (typically 1–2 times per year)
- Email your resume and 2–3 minute introduction video (details below) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Introduction Video. As a distributed team, we are on video calls with each other almost daily. Instead of a cover letter, prepare a short video introduction. We are not looking for anything professionally produced (loom.com is a free tool that will allow you to record yourself on your computer or phone). We also aren’t looking for you to be silly or overly dramatic (this isn’t your Survivor casting video). Please be yourself and address the following:
- Introduce yourself.
- Tell us why you think you would be a great fit for our team and this role.
- Share with us one thing that you love to do or something about yourself that is not on your resume.
- At this time we are only accepting US-based applications.
Lawyerist is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate against gender, age, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, disability or veteran status.
Company – Lawyerist
Website – https://lawyerist.com/