Roadside Assistance Coordinator
Full Job Description
We are offering stable, remote part time positions that have a great hourly pay rate and opportunities to earn quarterly bonuses.
A Penske Roadside Assistance Coordinator provides emergency roadside assistance and a high level of customer service to customers 24/7, 365 days a year. Coordinators answer customer inquiries regarding maintenance and operation of over 200,000 consumer, commercial, and full-service leased vehicles nationwide in our state-of-the-art call center. This requires the ability to quickly assess and diagnose vehicle failures based on the nature of each breakdown.
Examples of some positions that may best fit this position may include: Automotive/Diesel mechanics, Prior CDL-A drivers, dispatchers, emergency service personnel, military, or individuals with at least 3 years of call center experience.
- Receiving in-bound calls from Penske customers and diagnosing their mechanical issues
- Entering data from these customers into Penske’s AS400 database
- Making outbound calls to dispatch appropriate service to customers
- Acting as liaison between the servicing location and the customer
- Demonstrating excellent phone skills to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- Providing customer service, assuring that customers are satisfied and will return for additional business
- Managing multiple breakdown situations on a daily basis
- Resolving or escalating customer service issues
- Performing various duties as assigned by the Roadside Assistance Supervisor to support the efficient operation of the call center
- 2 years of prior customer service experience required
- 1 year of hands on vehicle repair experience or 3 years of contact center professional experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Technical School Degree or Associate’s Degree preferred; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- ASE certification preferred
- Must be able to work in an active and fast-paced environment and remain accurate and calm
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, typing skills and interpersonal skills
- Must have ability to multi-task on the phone and on a computer at the same time
- Proficiency with the use of computers including Microsoft Word, Outlook and internet browsing, and the ability for structured data entry required
- New hire associates must participate in a 7-week paid training program
- Availability to work either a Saturday or Sunday as part of your regular weekly schedule required
- Willingness to work in a call center office environment (highly structured, closely measured) that is open 24/7, 365 days a year
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to make it to call center in any type of weather
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (including past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are also required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Job: Other Corporate
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Other Corporate
Req ID: 2102484
Company – Penske
Website: https://www.penske.com/Click Here to Apply