Pay: $13 an hour
This is a temporary part-time position and is dependent upon expected local research funding provided by Emory University. THIS POSITION IS REMOTE. The position involves variable, nontraditional hours estimated at 2-5 hours per week between December 2020 and March 2021. The research team is housed at Emory University,and Horizons Community Solutions serves as its primary community partner. This position reports to the HorizonsCFO/COO in partnership with the local research coordinator, both based in Albany, Georgia. Temporary, part-time Research Specialists will be trained to recruit study participants and then conduct research activities in a digital environment. Responsible for various research activities, which may include data collection and data entry as well as related administrative support and reporting duties. The ideal candidate is a team player who is self-confident, self-directed, disciplined, organized, flexible, and well versed in various forms of digital interaction (social media, email, video conferencing, etc.). Currently seeking applicants who reside in southwest Georgia.
- Attend/complete mandatory training and team meetings and demonstrate an understanding of the project and research process. Training and required meeting time will be compensated at the hourly salary rate.
- Assist project/research leadership by serving as an active member of the research recruitment team, conducting data collection planning and activities, completing required reports and updates, and carrying out other research responsibilities.
- Rigorouslymaintain accurate records according to the research protocol, including report forms and data collection tools.
- Actively participate in ongoing project planning and progress reporting with HorizonsResearch Coordinator and other project staff via telephone, email, videoconferencing, and face-to-face meetings as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality, including protected information of research participants.
- Perform all other related administrative and research support duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s or in the process of achieving a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: 2 years of regular work experience, or short-term project experience in population health or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Organized community involvement strongly preferred.
- Comfortable with academic settings and research protocols.
- Ability to successfully complete Emory University’sonline Human Subjects Protection Training (CITI) within three weeks of start date.
- Self-directed; able to function well independently as well as part of a team.
- Highly organized; ability to prioritize and accomplish numerous competing tasks.
- Access to a computer, internet, video conferencing, email, and phone required.
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Office and Zoom required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Stellar attention to detail and strong follow-upskills.
- Ability to appropriately handle confidential information, including protected information of research participants.
- Professional demeanor with excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule. Hours and days vary to include evenings and weekends.
- Varied digital and physical working environments which include Horizons office and a home office equipped with computer, camera, and high speed internet.
- Works in a well-lighted, temperature-controlled area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Period of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May occasionally be required to lift/carry 10 lbs., and with assistance, lift/carry 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Company – Horizons Community Solutions