Research Communications Associate
Pay: From TBD
Full Job Description
Novus serves capital allocators and managers, helping them enrich and manage their data, extract actionable investment insights, and improve stakeholder communication via visualization and automation. We strive to be the center of the institutional investment ecosystem, where the world’s investors gather to manage their portfolios and engage with one another.
Over $120 trillion is invested annually on behalf pensions, endowments, sovereign funds, private investors, and family offices. Unfortunately, many of these institutions are using outdated and disconnected tools to manage their portfolios. Novus offers comprehensive solutions for multi-asset class portfolio. By providing a single platform that streamlines data processes, quantifies investment skill, uncovers bias, and helps investors plan more accurately, we are helping investors amplify their impact.
We expect our team members to deliver on their responsibilities and understand how each and every component of our company works to generate our collective success. We hold ourselves and our colleagues accountable to the highest standards.
If the following sounds like you, we look forward to getting to know you—
- You have a thirst for learning and strong history of skill improvement.
- You have a natural competitive drive to become the best at what you do – excellence is your top priority in the work you deliver.
- You value the best answer more than your ego, can remain composed in the heat of the moment, and can critique and vocalize your thoughts while simultaneously building great relationships.
- Your integrity is non-negotiable.
- When uncomfortable with the status quo, you push to drive change.
What You’ll Do
As a Research Communications Associate, you will be given a unique level of responsibility and autonomy to produce insights and share them across multiple brand channels. You will interact with the marketing team and analytics desk, and report to the Marketing Manager. This position is for 10 hours per week, fully remote.
This unique opportunity is centered around extracting insights related to hedge fund trends from our datasets and turning it into sharable content, with the goal of growing and engaging the Novus research following. In a world of TikTok-length attention spans, you will help Novus compete for attention by producing concise, relevant, and quippy content that engages members of our industry. Each day, you will scour our datasets (including existing reports like those on novus.com/dashboards) for newsworthy insights, which you will then publish across our channels. As such, you will become the primary brand voice of Novus.
Success will be measured by your ability to strengthen our position as thought leaders, grow our following, and engage in academic conversations in public spaces (like social media) with other thought leaders. As a natural outcome of providing value to our industry, your efforts will help grow our business.
You will also collaborate with the editorial team on longer-form projects, including blog posts and dashboard creation, as time permits.
Critical Skills / Abilities
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- A love for financial markets; you read financial publications and academic literature for fun.
- The ability to speak fluently about the latest market trends as well as alternative investment news.
- 6+ years of experience in alternative investing, institutional investing, journalism, PR, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to extract meaningful insights from datasets.
- Strong writing background; you can write with precision and your personality shines through.
- Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with social media norms, including sophistication with hashtags, as well as what tone & content is appropriate for each channel (you know how to behave on “FinTwit” for example)
- Familiarity with Novus research topics (see novus.com/insights)
Company – Novus
Website: https://www.novus.com/Click Here to Apply