Full Job Description
GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:The part-time, entry-level Research Assistant I (RA) will support a randomized controlled trial that seeks to determine if an atrial fibrillation (AF) detection intervention in individuals at least 70 years of age with an undiagnosed AF or atrial flutter (AFL) reduces the person-years incidence of stroke compared to usual care. We are looking for a highly motivated and organized part-time RA to recruit participants by performing telephone screening and consenting. This work can be done remotely. The position will average 16 hours per week. The weekly schedule will be determined with the Principal Investigator. Proficiency in Spanish preferred. The position requires strong communication and organizational skills. The RA may support other activities associated with the execution of the research plan including Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions, regular progress reports to the sponsor organization, and organizing communication with participants and project staff. The RA’s responsibilities will also include administrative tasks. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact participants via telephone to recruit and consent them for the study.
- May perform literature searches to assist with manuscript preparation.
- May assist with grant progress reports and IRB submissions as needed.
- Conduct other administrative tasks (photocopying, scheduling, etc.) as needed.
- May set up team/stakeholder meetings and take minutes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and an interest in healthcare.
- Data management skills and competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Certification in the protection of human research subjects (can be obtained after hire)
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for working with clinicians, study staff and participants.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect.
- Regard for patient/data privacy essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Strong work ethic, industrious.
- Ability to accept and adjust to feedback from supervisors.
- Ability to complete work and to meet deadlines.
WORKING CONDITIONS:This work can be done remotely.EEO StatementBrigham and Women’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.Primary Location MA-Boston-BWH Boston Main CampusWork Locations BWH Boston Main Campus 75 Francis St Boston 02115Job Research – OtherOrganization Brigham & Women’s Hospital(BWH)Schedule Full-timeStandard Hours 40Shift Day JobEmployee Status RegularRecruiting Department BWH Department Of Medicine / General MedicineJob Posting Jan 20, 2021
Company – Mass General Brigham
Website: https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/Click Here to Apply