Learning Student Support Coach
Pay: $20 an hour
Full Job Description
Remote Learning Student Support Coach Job Description (Part Time: 25 Hours A Week)
The Expedition School is seeking a qualified candidate to work in the in-person remote learning support program operating daily, face-to-face, in the school building. This candidate would be responsible for supervising, supporting and encouraging students as they access remote learning lessons, in collaboration with the lead coaches. The main age-group supported is students in grades K-3, with possible time spent supporting older students.
Hours: Monday – Friday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
Start: Tuesday, January 19, 2021
The remote learning student support coach will perform tasks that may include, but are not limited to:
- Following all COVID-19 safety protocols put in place and ensure student COVID-19 safety protocols are followed.
- Helping students to follow schedules to ensure they are on time for their live, online lessons.
- Supervising and encouraging students as they complete their daily assignments.
- Working one-on-one with students
- Supervising students at lunch and at outdoor recess
- Organizing learning materials
- Covering a class in the event a teacher needs to step out
The remote learning student support coach may be requested to work additional hours in the event another coach is absent.
- Flexible, quick learner, able to take directions as well as self-start necessary tasks that help improve student learning, classroom environment and classroom teacher efficiency.
- Caring with young children, encouraging, patient
- Work to achieve school philosophy and policies
- Be able to uncover student strengths
- Be a learner yourself, flexible and willing to grow
- Be able to collaborate effectively with a variety other staff
- Utilize effective and positive classroom management techniques in a multi-age classroom
- Be a self-starter, able to organize one’s personal schedule to “get the job done”
- Effectively communicate
- Positive attitude
- Able to stand, squat, sit on the floor, and/or be on your feet the majority of the time
- Comfortable with technology and quick learner of technology (programs & apps on ipad and chromebooks)
Company – The Expedition School
Website: https://www.theexpeditionschool.com/Click Here to Apply