Remote Learning Assistant
The Remote Learning Assistant will work directly with an assigned group of 10-13 students onsite at one of our child care programs, acting as a positive adult presence and mentor to support remote learning assignments and enrichment activities.
Shifts available for full-time or part-time staff between the hours of 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Supervise children and ensure student safety by following all health and safety guidelines;
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech and attitude;
- Assist students with:
- logging on to remote classes;
- engaging with their teachers and fellow classmates virtually;
- adhering to their individual remote learning schedules;
- troubleshooting hardware or connectivity issues;
- Partner with parents and remote teachers to understand each childs needs in a remote environment;
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging and welcoming;
- Support students in making positive behavior choices;
- Engage students in enrichment activities outside of the academic school schedule;
- Participate in staff meetings and training as needed;
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in staff, student and volunteer matters;
- Comply with Department of Early Education and Care, organization, and program policies and follow procedures;
- Perform other tasks as directed by Directors of School Enrichment;
- High School diploma or equivalent;
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred;
- Experience in a school or youth development program setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of effective youth enrichment activities to support mental and physical development;
- Technology skills for supporting the use of online educational tools and applications;
- Flexibility and reliability; and
- Must pass a background check.
The Community Group is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Company – The Community Group