Job Category: HR & Recruiting
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S., Canada, Global)
Depends on Experience
Modern Tribe is growing and we are on the hunt for a Freelance Recruiter! Do you sip your morning coffee while checking Linkedin to see who has a new job, a work anniversary or is celebrating the latest award won at their agency? Do you end up with 10 new bookmarks every time you read through the latest email newsletter from the Muse? Are you constantly finding yourself saying “Oh, I know so and so, you should meet them – they would be perfect for that!”. If you are nodding yes to any of these scenarios, then we want to meet you!
As an ambassador for Modern Tribe you will champion candidate and experience throughout the recruiting pipeline – from the time that a candidate submits their application all the way through to them being onboarded to the tribe.
Ideally you have been exposed to all areas of recruitment and are keen to jump in and hit the ground running. Your priorities are: executing on recruitment initiatives, actualizing sourcing strategies, building employer brand, and analyzing data to build & improve our recruiting processes. Candidate experience is important. Culture is important. Quality is important.
The Freelance Recruiter at Modern Tribe will:
- Lead our recruitment process from start to finish – from resume screening to arranging interviews to maintaining internal & external communications to negotiating offers with candidates
- Build effective networks and relationships to maintain a strong pipeline of top talent
- Accurately evaluate candidates based on core competencies, job competencies, & culture fit
- Be a Brand Ambassador and thrive at pitching our story to candidates and the community
- Be the main point of contact for our applicants, communicating effectively and professionally
- Build positive and meaningful relationships with hiring managers, ensuring they feel at ease to grow their teams by providing them valuable market insights and support in the recruitment and onboarding processes
- Work closely with our services and product team directors to understand their hiring needs and then come up with plans to fill those needs
- Coordinate and track internal referrals
- Write job descriptions and post them around our favorite job boards plus additional ones we don’t even know about yet!
- Work closely with our operations team to help streamline our recruiting and other internal processes
- Hold yourself and others accountable to creating and ensuring the best candidate experience
- Develop new processes and materials as needed
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work with a lot of freelancers as well as distributed employees and coordinate their talents for large projects. Learn more about how our team works, what traits we look for in new team members and more on our careers page.
- Extremely outgoing and friendly attitude
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- A methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years recruiting experience in the digital/tech industry
- An interest and desire to learn (or continue learning) about WordPress – you need to be curious, driven and passionate about what we do and why we do it
- A presence on social networks and an interest in social recruiting (it’s helpful if you are active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn)
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Google Drive, Google Docs etc, Google Hangouts etc
- Experience working in a digital agency
- Experience working with ATS and HRIS systems
- Experience as a developer, a designer or a project manager on digital projects
- HR Experience
Work from anywhere in the US or Canada; if you are in Central or South America, let’s talk. This will be a 100% remote position. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if your working hours are in a timezone outside of the US range as our team will not be able to support those working hours (we’ve tried, it’s just too hard).
How To Apply
Make sure to select “Recruiter” from the list of options. BEFORE APPLYING, please take the time to read this job post carefully. So many people seem to apply without actually reading it.
This is a one time hourly contract position, though we are always seeking longer relationships with kick-ass people. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY if your working timezone is outside of the US range.
With your application, make sure to include the following:
- Links to your resume and Linkedin profile
- If possible, links to a personal portfolio site or blog
- Tell us what you think is the most effective recruiting tool for hiring in a fast paced competitive industry