Rare covers the now, the unusual, and the amusing everyday life around the country. The real conversations, the dinner table discussions and the bar banter, because the most genuine American conversations happen here. We’re looking for a Content Writer who will help us grow our social and organic presence with resonant and engaging articles, research, and more. Our ideal candidate can take a list of SEO-based insights, and craft a cohesive, brand-forward collection of excellent evergreen content. They also know some fun pop culture trivia, like the name of Johnny Cash’s first wife and just how many more McDonald’s than churches there are in America.
The Content Writer will work closely with the Director of Editorial and the Rare team at Wide Open Media to write 40 articles monthly. The writer will transform data into personable content that has multi-channel appeal. The most successful candidate will be technically proficient, detail-focused, and mindful of tight deadlines.
The Wide Open Media Group offices are located in Austin, Texas, but we’re considering candidates from all areas and the search is not limited to Austin. This is a contract position.
- At least 1 year of fast-paced web writing experience for web publishers
- At least 1 year of hands-on SEO writing experience
- At least 1 year of digital publishing experience
- Knowledge of/experience with WordPress
- Strong understanding of quality and engaging content with excellent writing skills across a range of verticals
- Ability to consistently source, conceptualize, and pitch new article ideas
- Ability to craft articles in a timely manner
- Detailed experience using SEO insights, Google Analytics, and editorial calendars
- Previous writing experience in a strong research and analytical role
Apply with a copy of your most recent resume, links to writing samples, and a short statement telling us why you’d make the perfect Rare Content Writer.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to your application!
Company – Wide Open Media Group