Quality Control Editor
Full Job Description
Tapas is the “YouTube for storytellers” — an open-publishing platform and home to a community of more than 58,000 creators. We’ve published over 89,000 stories to date. We specialize in publishing original stories in the form of serialized webcomics and novels. Tapas has 3.1 million monthly unique readers, who collectively spend more than 118 million minutes per month on Tapas. Stories on Tapas have been read over 6.7 billion times to date. About 70% of our audience is female millennials primarily located in the US, and the Tapas app is one of the top-grossing comics apps on iOS and Android. We’re seeking to contract a freelance Quality Control Editor who can work in tandem with members of our in-house localization team. Preference will be given to candidates with an availability of 30+ hours per week.
What Freelance Quality Control Editors Do:
- Review translated and typeset webcomics of various genres including but not limited to romance (including BL and GL), fantasy, action fantasy, comedy, and drama.
- Edit materials for world-building, tone, and character, as well as for cultural understanding by American audiences.
- Copy-edit materials for spelling, grammar, typesetting, readability, and consistency, and ensure they are ready for publication.
- Serve as the series expert and produce written and creative materials related to series as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with the localization team
- Communicate with the localization team about relevant progress or issues through designated channels.
Freelance Quality Control Editors Expertise
- High level of proficiency in English language and grammar
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Cultural fluency related to American audiences
- In-depth knowledge related to various genres, tropes, pop culture, and other specialized topics
- Excellent communicator who maintains friendly and timely communications with a diverse array of individuals across a variety of timezones and differing project schedules
- Familiarity with Slack, Google Drive, and digital storage platforms like DropBox is a plus
- Experience working as a freelancer within a collaborative team-based environment
- Ability to manage time effectively and adhere to strict deadlines
- A passion for storytelling and a respect for the storytellers’ whole work we are helping to share.
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to hear from you. Aside from the normal application process, please share a quick paragraph on what aspects of your experience make you a perfect candidate for this job.
Company – Tapas Media
Website: https://tapas.io/Click Here to Apply