Job Category: Quality Assurance
Location: Work from anywhere (Global)
Based on experience.
Ubuntu is the fastest growing Linux distribution with a global user base exceeding 25 million. Ubuntu is a leader in the open source software and at the heart of the solutions we deliver, from the Smartphone to the IoT, from the Desktop to the Cloud.
As a Test Engineer in the Ubuntu Personal QA Team you will make sure the product does what it is supposed to do and be present for every step of the development process: from test plans and test cases creation, to finding and debugging rough spots in the products, from reviewing user interfaces and functionalities to interpreting and reporting testing results to your manager and the rest of the team.
The successful candidate has a “test it to break it” attitude, is methodical, organized, and detail-oriented. Customer satisfaction is important to you, and you are dedicated to producing products of the highest quality. You are a fast learner with the flexibility to handle changes in tasks, and aren’t afraid of group collaboration or individual work.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Collaborate pro-actively with a distributed team.
- Develop automated and manual tests.
- Execute, monitor, and report on existing testing efforts.
- Create new testing infrastructure, process and strategies.
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely.
- Analyse projects for quality and identify areas for improvement.
- Proactive involvement with discovering coverage gaps and general escalation of quality blocking issues as they arise.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid background in modern QA process and strategies.
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar position.
- Expertise in design, implementation and execution of test plans and test cases.
- Experience in performing different kinds of testing like Functional Testing, GUI Testing, Performance Testing, Backend Testing, Regression Testing & UAT mobile devices and desktop systems.
- Expertise in defect tracking system and bug life cycle.
- Excellent logic, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of operating system technologies and fundamentals.
- Strong written and spoken English communication, good judgement and cooperation skills.
- Understanding of how to be part of a distributed team.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and abroad.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Python and Shell scripting experience.
- Experience in desktop, mobile phone or IoT platforms and related technologies.
- Experience with continuous integration strategies and tools (Jenkins).
- Experience with User Interface testing.
- Familiarity with some open source development tools and methodologies used in creation of Ubuntu projects (launchpad, git, bzr, Debian packaging).
- Experience of Ubuntu, Debian or a variant of those.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Click Here To Apply