Administrative, Advertising & PR, Theater
$16 per hour
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM), an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema, seeks a part-time BAM Cinema Publicity Assistant for around 20 hours per week. This key support position is an integral to BAMcinématek’s publicity efforts. It entails research on film programming, the creation of press materials, responding to journalist requests and inquiries, assisting the Publicity Manager at events and screenings, and other tasks as needed to help BAMcinématek – BAM’s repertory film program – to garner press and publicity, enhance its reputation in the field, and reach its revenue goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Provides administrative assistance for BAMcinématek’s Publicity Manager in the implementation of press and media campaigns.
* Researches relevant articles, reviews, quotes, trailers, for use in press materials.
* Manages BAMcinématek’s press mailing list and database and identifies new contacts and outlets to increase press exposure.
* Clips, distributes, and archives press articles and reviews about BAMcinématek events and programs; works with design department to create signage and display-material of important press articles.
* Collects/organizes online press clippings for the weekly internal BAM email.
* Replies to journalists’ emails in a timely manner, providing them with any needed materials.
* Coordinates and manages a schedule of ideal press release routing and servicing dates by working with both the
* Marketing Manager and the Publicity Manager.
* Assists Cinématek’s Publicity Manager in the creation of press releases by building a strong, working-draft, gathering relevant quotes, and doing relevant research on the series or film release.
* Distributes, proofreads, and gathers edits for all press releases.
* Provides publicity support at screenings and events.
* Provides operational support for BAMcinématek events as needed
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* Solid knowledge of repertory cinema and independent film
* Strong writing skills
* One year of previous film-related work experience required
* Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work some weekend and evening hoursClick Here to Apply