Consulting, Nonprofit & Philanthropy, Operations
To be discussed.
Responsible for independently managing the proposal response team through the opportunity life cycle from Request for Proposal (RFP) release, to post-proposal submission to include resource assignment, scheduling, ensuring compliance, and delivery of all proposal deliverables to the external client while maintaining insight into all phases of the Growth Operations’ Proposal team process. Navigates responses to complex requests for proposals/information (RFP/RFIs), sources sought (SS), white papers, and sole source solicitations. Focuses on bringing together all stakeholders associated with the pursuit in order to submit a winning proposal package.
The Proposal Manager owns the proposal process, and works closely with the strategy owner and message/thought leaders (Capture manager (CM), Business Development Consultant (BDC) Sales Leader, Writers, or Strategists). The abilities to manage and communicate at all levels, meet sometimes tight deadlines, commitment to teamwork, motivational leadership, detailed follow-through, and a positive demeanor are essential keys to success in this role.
Analyzes government solicitations, identifies response requirements, and prepares unique, customized, and detailed proposal response outlines, templates, and compliance matrices in compliance with government agency requirements.
Prepare and submit recommendations for bid and proposal costs, ensures the effective use of resources, and manages the proposal cost analysis and after action reports
Monitors status of proposal development related documents for completeness and compliance with stated requirements and successful representation of the Company. Ensures consistency in proposal development for style, presentation, and RFP guidelines.
Communicates proposal-related requirements and status with senior management, and remains current on all amendments and modifications to the solicitation.
Authors’ significant proposal response material as well as proposal development activities including drafting proposals for new and existing clients (e.g., employers, commercial entities, and/or government) and directing the preparation of supporting documents and analyses. Working closely with sales, product, legal, pricing, and other functional teams to tailor responses to reflect a prospect’s needs, interests, etc., is within scope of this position.
Manages production phase to include final edits, obtaining approvals, and tracking final submission.
– Bachelors degree required. Shipley or APMP certification strongly preferred
– Minimum 5 years’ of successful independent proposal development/management experience with State/Federal government RFIs, RFPs and RFQs to include staff management
– Minimum 3 years’ experience in a healthcare business development environment
– Demonstrated understanding of proposal development process and management techniques; knowledge of best practices to increase the win probability through compliant proposals
– Demonstrated knowledge of Shipley proposal processes strongly preferred
– Excellent project management through clear communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills including a high degree of comfort leading and interacting with diverse groups at varying levels of Management (internal/external)
– Working knowledge of State and/Federal government structure and agency acquisition procedures and policies, development, capture planning and proposal writing.
– Strong analytical skills to oversee an entire proposal structure and cross-functional teams and manage simultaneous projects with competing deadlines.
– Strict attention to details, ability to review and edit proposal content for compliancy, clarity and proper use of terminology
– Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat required; intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project desirable.
– Occasional business travel
KEPRO offers challenging careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. Come grow with a progressive health care management leader. For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Visit us at www.kepro.com for more information on the KEPRO Family of Companies.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply