Full Job Description
- Proofread, research, and fact-check content to PPI standards, ensuring editorial accuracy, consistency, style, and quality.
- Review output against inputs and/or reference works to ensure completeness.
- Read content for accuracy, clarity, and sense, noting possible deviations.
- Compare files to ensure most recent version contains all specified changes.
- Accurately interpret, incorporate, and mark author/SME changes.
- Diplomatically and effectively communicate with project collaborators.
- Meet established deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in math, science, or engineering preferred. 3 years minimum experience in professional proofreading, preferably in educational, scientific, or technical subjects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and thoroughly proofread on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to modulate depth of proofread to scope of work desired
- In-depth knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience in using detailed style guides and proofing checklists
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- Ability to make continuous improvements with feedback
- Working knowledge of print, electronic, and online publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- Excel Skills preferred
Job Functional AreaContent/Material Creation
Business Unit00079 Kaplan Professional
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Website: https://kaplan.com/Click Here to Apply