Full Job Description
Project Manager: Candidates should have at least 5+ years of work experience, preferably in both startup and large company environments. We are looking for expert Product Managers that will communicate with staff and clients, make decisions, and monitor the progress of the project to keep it on schedule. Important duties and responsibilities for a Project Manager include:
- Creating long and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines and allocating resources.
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them.
- Identifying and managing potential risks and liabilities of multiple projects.
- Assisting in the definition of project scope and goals.
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project.
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals.
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected.
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed.
- Motivating people involved in the project to complete tasks on time.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in either business or management is preferred along with field or work experience as well as 3+ years of management experience.
Role Summary: Using your deep curiosity and desire to learn, you will manage data science projects and which perform a variety of tasks related to cleaning and exploring new datasets, uncovering useful trends and observations in the data, while keeping in mind the business context and goals specific to the Client.
Acorn Analytics is a data science consultancy that helps clients of varying degrees of data maturity harness the power in their data to drive smarter decision making. We are proactive communicators, upfront and candid!
Team/interpersonal must-haves include:
- Excellent communication (written, oral); comfortable asking questions and being upfront with areas of lower competence
- Proactive communicator; Be upfront/candid with any challenges
- Excellent attention to detail in all aspects of work
- Stellar work ethic, takes pride in work
- Deeply curious with a hunger to learn, enjoys thoroughly understanding, growing, and asking questions; independent thinker
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Knows how to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to efficiently execute against a set of projects/tasks
- Able to troubleshoot independently, and identify when outside help is needed when roadblocks are hit
- Thrive in a fast-paced, small startup environment
Acorn provides valuable and actionable insights into organizations’ raw data. We learn what is actually driving customer behavior so that engagement and loyalty are increased. We understand with data-driven precision what happened, why it happened, and what is likely to happen in the future. You will work with an engaging and dedicated team that are truly passionate about the work they do!
As a part-time contractor, you will be working 10-15 hours/week.
This is a Telecommute/Work from Home position.
Powered by JazzHR
Company – Acorn Analytics
Website: https://www.acornanalytics.com/Click Here to Apply