The Project Manager is responsible in partnership with Site Lead, Practice Lead(s) and Project Management Office, for overall project success.
The Project Manager is responsible for creation, execution and monitoring of client plans. The PM collaborates with the Site Leader, Practice Lead(s), PMO and Talent Management, contributing to the development of plans and strategies.
* This includes contributions to the initial project planning, resource planning, budget monitoring, communication planning and status reporting.
* Responsible for collaborating with appropriate CampusWorks and client stakeholders to maintaining client plans.
* Produces project management reports, monitors and adjusts resource plans and site budgets, escalating and collaborating where appropriate.
* The Project Manager is responsible for learning and applying Campus Works project management methodology and processes, producing the related project management artifacts and processes to support CW client success, including:
– Project Charter, including requirements, scope, success factors, milestones, budget and resource identification.
– Risk Management Plan, Quality Assurance Plan, Communication Plan, and Resource Management Plan.
– Resource scheduling and planning. Budget monitoring and reporting. Quality Control and Assurance.
– Client Logistics Coordination. Action Item and Issue tracking. Milestone and Deliverables tracking.
– Status Reporting.
– Minimum 5 years managing complex projects including but not limited to IT.
– Minimum 3 years in Higher Education
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills
– Excellent organizational skills
– PMP strongly preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This is a full-time virtual position. Corporate office hours are generally Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; however, the nature of the business often requires work beyond these hours and some weekend or evening hours are necessary for coordination, travel or emergency situations; requires travel to and from the client location via auto and/or air. The role requires the use of typical mobile equipment such as a laptop and cell phone.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. The duties and responsibilities described in this description may have additions, be removed or modified as required for business operations.
The duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The employee is expected to perform the functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable modifications. The incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
CampusWorks, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
What You Can Expect from Us
At CampusWorks, we don’t just help our clients succeed; we help our employees succeed. Competitive pay, robust benefits, and professional development opportunities are a few of the many reasons that CampusWorks is a great place to build your career.
Our team members also enjoy:
* Meaningful work. Our employees often tell us that their work gives them a sense of purpose because it makes a difference in the lives of students and educators.
* A CEO who cares. CEO Liz Murphy has made it her mission to create a culture that appreciates and takes good care of its people. As a result, being an employee of CampusWorks feels like being a member of a big family.
* A virtual workplace. In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, CampusWorks became a virtual company in 2012. As such, our team members are located across the U.S. and Canada, where they work from their home offices and at client sites.
* Flexibility. We value work-life balance because we know that happy employees create happy customers. That’s why CampusWorks offers both full- and part-time career opportunities to fit life’s unique demands.
* A company that gives back. Every year CampusWorks proudly supports numerous charitable fundraising initiatives that align with our vision to make higher education accessible to everyone.
Founded in 1999, CampusWorks is dedicated to helping higher education overcome business and technological challenges that stand in the way of student success and completion. We work with community colleges, technical colleges, four-year public and private institutions, multi-college districts, and statewide higher education systems to tackle problems big and small. Our services are rooted in systems thinking and reach across the institution—from Student Services to Human Resources to Finance to Academics—to achieve transformative results.