Education & Training, College & University, Human Services, Agriculture
To be discussed.
The School of Family Studies and Human Services is seeking a Program Coordinator to coordinate internal and external activities for K-State Research and Extension faculty within the School. This person will support the development, implementation, and evaluation of Extension and outreach programs and coordinate communication, reporting, and travel for a dynamic unit that includes Extension specialists with expertise in child development, youth and teens, adult development and aging, family finances, and family relationships.
Part-time (24 hours per week)
-The Program Coordinator will support the development, implementation, and evaluation of Extension and outreach programs and coordinate communication, reporting, and travel for the Family Studies and Human Services Extension unit. Responsibilities are diverse and include:
-Extension Specialist Program Support: manage travel planning; arrange physical and virtual meetings; support meetings, trainings and conferences; oversee surveys and evaluation forms, create data files, and compile descriptive statistics; design publications, displays, and other program materials; and coordinate and assist with program preparation.
-Communications: design and manage websites and social media accounts, manage development of educational materials, design and layout communications materials including program reports and research briefs, promote the visibility of Family Studies and Human Services Extension, and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
-Administration: coordinate maintenance and repair of office equipment; manage state vehicle checkout, maintenance, and billing; coordinate organization and monitoring of assigned storage areas; review telecommunications, central mail, and Extension publications billing; manage purchasing for unit; and occasionally provide lead work guidance to student workers in the unit.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
* B.S. Degree in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Family Studies and Human Services, or Agricultural Communications
* At least one year of direct experience in an engagement, outreach, or Extension environment
* Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency. Specialization or knowledge in family and consumer sciences, family studies and human services, child development, youth and teens, adult development and aging, family finances, or family relationships.
* Organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
* Flexible and adaptable to changing, fast-paced environment
* Resourceful and adept problem-solver
* Ability to work collaboratively
* Ability to work on complex, multifaceted projects
* Excellent oral and written communication in English, including strong editing and proof-reading
* Understanding of program coordination and project administration
* Experience using and designing websites
* M.S. Degree in Family and Consumer Sciences Education, Family Studies and Human Services, or Agricultural
* Experience using social media in a professional setting
* Experience working with studentsClick Here to Apply