Full Job Description
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create person to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
This position will support programming in the Communities & Governance and Information & Media Practices. Program topics may include, civil society strengthening, social cohesion, migration, integration, governance, safeguarding rights, media development, media and information literacy, media research, and digital security. The Program Associate will work with multiple teams within IREX and need to balance sometimes competing demands. The role will include supporting the reporting, financial management, procurement and the subgranting process. There will be regular communication with the IREX program teams at HQ and in the field.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of work experience. Work experience may include internships or part-time job or combination of both.
- Proven experience managing multiple administrative tasks in a demanding, time sensitive work environment
- Responsible, detail-oriented, organized, strong time management skills, and good work-ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate with consultants, subgrantees, or other partners
- Fast-learner that can take initiative of tasks
- Proactive and comfortable with contemporary digital platforms for collaboration and communication;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including and especially Excel;
- Clear, succinct and compelling communication skills, both oral and written;
- Outstanding interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Speaking, reading and writing proficiency in English required.
Your Daily Tasks
- Administrative, financial, and programmatic support for projects in Communities and Governance Practice as needed.
- Tasks may include drafting or copyediting internal/external programmatic report drafts, travel and logistical arrangements, check requests, financial report reviews and contributing to internal and external communications initiatives,
- Working closely with consultants, subgrantees, and partners, including regular communication, drafting agreements, and tracking payments and deliverables per relevant policies.
- Lead programmatic file and data management
- Support desk research as needed
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation and data management, if assigned.
- Communicate regularly with HQ teams and relevant field offices
- Communication with consultants, subgrantees, and other partners as assigned;
- Copyedit or draft program reports and communications products;
- Support regular communications with stakeholder networks
- Contribute to new business development efforts, if assigned.
- Review FOERs and other finance reports.
- Prepare contracts and other procurement documents as needed.
- Prepare payment requests in the AP system.
- Assist with hiring process for field staff and consultants as necessary;
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings.
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Company – IREX
Website: https://sea.mashable.com/Click Here to Apply