We exist to empower discovery, personal taste, and a better experience and understanding of the intersectional culture in which vaping resides. Every race. Every gender. Every type. Everyone belongs here. We aren’t mere middle men of corporate profiteers. We are vapers ourselves, culture obsessed ambassadors who hand select with love only the products and partners we believe in. Auster is movement. Auster is Philosophy. A way of live
Works In Progress (WIP) by Auster is a digital lifestyle publication for a brave new world redefined by art and commerce.
WIP believes in collaboration above all, and spotlights x celebrates an ever-evolving collective of bold artists from music, film, fine arts, literature, theatre, performance, and anybody with a unique flavor and story.
We are looking for a highly skilled, conceptual, innovative and creative branded content editor to join our branded content studio. This wordsmith will ideate, produce, execute and edit the highest quality of brand journalism in collaboration with our brand partners in the form of features, interviews, photo essays and op-eds that strive to cover important issues and diverse perspectives that challenge conventional thinking. This applicant must be collaborative, understand the value of client relationships and have their finger on the pulse of culture and all things branded content.
The blog’s main topics will be vape culture, wellness, art, music, and design
From ideation to execution, see a creative campaign through that ladders up to the client’s KPIs and Auster’s audience.
Write articles on all of Auster’s past events and collaborators. Most notably:
Sam Chrnside (Design)
Jarreau Vandal (Music)
Assign, produce and edit compelling branded editorial content for Auster’s change maker audience.
Concept and pitch innovative custom content for branded content campaigns across a variety of distribution platforms.
At least 2 700-1000 word articles per week on pre-selected topics
Creating a content calendar listing out schdule, topics, word length and angle for each article
Source, research and refine topic ideas as a creative and strategic storyteller who has their finger on the pulse of what’s relevant in culture and introduce diverse, influential and emerging freelance writers, photographers, illustrators for articles, interactive experiences, photo essays, op-eds, social activations, etc.
Source subjects and creative talent, conduct interviews and write compelling branded content features.
Respond to and incorporate client feedback while managing Auster’s editorial vision and best-practices.
Collaborate across sales and marketing departments to ensure all branded content deliverables are executed.
Know the Auster brand inside and out
* Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English preferred with strong knowledge of AP style
* 3-5 years of experience writing, editing and creative management with an exceptional attention to detail
* Ability to create succinct, high-quality copy and produce conceptual and visually driven custom branded content
* Ability to write/edit across a variety of topics in Auster’s tone and voice based on client’s KPIs
* Have a passion for branded content with a knowledge of native advertising trends and competitor programs
* Demonstrated understanding of socially optimized copy and content across all distribution platforms
* Champion collaboration, innovation and the value of client relationships
* Published clips that demonstrate a skill for branded content/ native advertising storytelling