Pay: $25 – $30 an hour
Full Job Description
MacDowell seeks to hire part-time, seasonal employee to oversee the management of Virtual MacDowell, a fully online program aimed at supporting artists and fostering a sense of community and meaningful connection. The goal of Virtual MacDowell is to identify effective solutions to elevate equity by encouraging participation in our residencies by artists from less represented communities at MacDowell. The Virtual MacDowell Production Manager will provide critical support to the Admissions Director for four distinct Virtual MacDowell sessions to take place in 2021. Each Virtual MacDowell is one month long – meeting twice weekly over a four-week period – and will require a one-month planning period in advance of the sessions’ start dates in addition to two weeks following the session for artist feedback and reporting.
While MacDowell is located in Peterborough, NH, the position is fully remote. The ideal candidate will be committed to strengthening and supporting the arts and individual artists. This position requires strong communication skills, attention to detail, excellent time management, and the ability to work independently. It will be incumbent on the candidate to understand MacDowell’s guiding principles and history of artist support in order to effectively do the job.
MacDowell is committed to diversity and inclusion, and a more equitable arts and cultural sector. Our work requires a team that together represents a diversity of perspectives and lived experiences. Black, Indigenous, people of color (BIPOC) and individuals from populations underrepresented in the arts and nonprofits are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Work with Admissions Director to determine VM design: theme and artist selection for each session
- Create production timeline with roles and responsibilities
- Serve as point person for artists, staff, and program guests
- Oversee and communicate tasks, deadlines, and overall implementation: session dates, artist orientation, meeting agendas, and program guests
- Assist with technical troubleshooting
- Participate in online sessions: assist with tech and moderation and record sessions
- Financial responsibility for VM: track expenses and manage artist stipends
- Post-session wrap-up: create and send artist survey and prepare final report; edit session recordings
- Report out at occasional staff, board and DEIA (diversity, equity, inclusion and access) meetings
- 2+ years of professional experience working in online media or virtual communications preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication, attention to detail, and time management
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a wide range of people and perspectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including OneDrive
- Proficient in Zoom or other online video conferencing services
- Must have access to a computer with reliable internet service for online meetings
(part-time/seasonal/includes evening hours) The Virtual MacDowell Production Manager is a part-time, non-exempt, seasonal position that requires between 10-20 hours weekly from pre-session planning to session implementation and post-session wrap-up. The position will receive a competitive hourly wage of $25-30 an hour. Each session (pre- planning to wrap-up) will take approximately 120 hours. As described above (est. 480 hours/year), this part-time, seasonal position is eligible to participate in MacDowell’s employee contribution 403(b) retirement plan, but is not eligible for other benefits.
Those interested in applying for this position must submit an application for the Virtual MacDowell Production Manager program on SlideRoom. Please use this link to access the application. Applicants are asked to complete a brief questionnaire and submit a CV or work history. The deadline for receiving applications is March 22. Please no phone calls.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The MacDowell residency program with offices in Chelsea and Peterborough is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, ability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to workplace inclusion and to being a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to do their best work and bring out the best in each other.
Company – MacDowell Colony
Website: https://www.macdowell.org/Click Here to Apply