Full Job Description
A thriving, mission-driven multimedia organization, NPR produces award-winning news, information, and music programming in partnership with hundreds of independent public radio stations across the nation. The NPR audience values information, creativity, curiosity, and social responsibility – and our employees do too. We are innovators and leaders in diverse fields, from journalism and digital media to IT and development. Every day, our employees and member stations touch the lives of millions worldwide and that includes our interns.
Across our organization, we’re building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
Position: Sponsorship Audio Producer
Location: Fully remote
Seniority Level: Entry-level; Associate
Employment Type: Temporary
Hours: Part-time (15 – 20 hours per week)
Duration: 12 weeks
Dates: Jan 25, 2021 – April 19, 2021
National Public Media is the sponsorship arm of National Public Radio. Within NPM, the NPM Creative team is responsible for NPR’s digital sponsorship products and is the audio and visual in-house production team for NPR sponsors. We are seeking a temporary audio producer who can help our team to produce, record, edit, and execute custom audio campaigns for sponsors. These campaigns range from Spotlight mid-rolls to our flagship product, Brand Soundscapes. This is a great opportunity to utilize storytelling skills, sharpen audio editing techniques, and learn about NPM’s unique approach to custom content.
Within this role you will collaborate closely with the Sponsorship Audio Producer and the Production Manager. This position will work across multiple client campaigns, helping the team to:
- Create interview sample questions from client creative briefs, while keeping in mind NPR and NPM best practices and guidelines
- Direct or provide support during remote recordings to ensure content is conversational and authentic, covers campaign objectives, and is the best possible quality
- Propose and edit interview clips to fit within custom audio products, including :30 and :60 mid-rolls and our 2-3 minute Brand Soundscapes
- Write and propose scripted promotional pieces, introductions to clips, and CTAs
- Edit and prepare final files, including custom scoring provided by our composer, that reflect client edits, storytelling best practices, and NPR-quality audio
- At least 1-3 years of experience editing audio; proficient on Adobe Audition or a similar audio editing software (Pro Tools, Hindenburg, etc.)
- Skills should include an ear for scoring and sound design, with experience in each.
- Familiarity with using and troubleshooting audio equipment.
- Strong attention to detail, initiative, and follow through skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in branded content or creating content for brands
- Experience leading recording sessions
- Experience and comfort in professional, client-facing communications
- Degree in journalism, media, communications, or related field.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you. All applications must include a resume and cover letter to be considered.
NPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NPR is committed to being an inclusive workplace that welcomes diverse and unique perspectives, all working toward the same goal – to create a more informed public. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, lactation, and reproductive health decisions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, transgender status, gender non-conforming status, intersex status, sexual stereotypes, nationality, citizenship status, personal appearance, marital status, family status, family responsibilities, military status, veteran status, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, genetic characteristics of yourself or a family member, political views and affiliation, unemployment status, protective order status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Want more NPR? Explore the stories behind the stories on our NPR Extra blog. Get social with NPR Extra on Facebook and following @NPRExtra and #NPRLife on Twitter and Instagram. Don’t forget to follow our Interns on Instagram for some behind the scenes action! Find more career opportunities at NPR.org/careers and on Twitter at @NPRJobs.
Company – NPR
Website: https://www.npr.org/Click Here to Apply