Full and/or Part Time Premium Auditor positions available.
Conduct insurance premium audits for Worker’s Compensation and General Liability policies by auditing policyholder’s records, and applying manual rules and company standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities – Job Description
As a Premium Auditor, you will conduct insurance premium audits for Workers Compensation, General Liability, and Automobile policies by auditing policyholder’s records, and applying manual rules and company standards. You will work from home, but are required to travel up to daily, within a set territory, to each policyholder’s location to conduct audits.
A Premium Auditor will perform the following tasks:
- Prepare for the audit by identifying the necessary information and type of records needed.
- Prepare schedule to maximize optimal use of time.
- Correspond with insured via phone, email and mail to setup audit appointments.
- Examine the policyholder’s records, gather data to determine correct classifications for business activities and write an effective description of operations.
- Prepare complete audit document, explain results to insured and communicate the results to the Home Office.
NEIS will provide the following:
- Virtual classroom, online and on the job training
- Benefit Package – 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
- Base pay – paid weekly
- Production pay based on $35 to $45 per billable hour – paid weekly
- Laptop computer and other equipment needed to complete job effectively
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous expenses, such as, phone, internet, etc. – monthly
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience is not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or related field preferred
- Experience in bookkeeping, accounting or commercial insurance will be considered in lieu of a college degree
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial documents
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Excel and Word. Knowledge of Visual Audit is a plus
- Ability to communicate well with external and internal customers
- Represent NEIS, Inc. in a professional manner
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record (based on NEIS Inc. guidelines)
Why work for NEIS?
Founded in 1945, NEIS has a long history of putting our customers first to provide the services they need. That’s why many of our clients consider us their first choice when it comes to premium audit. The NEIS team of professionals has the experience and knowledge to deliver those services with the highest standard of quality. We value our employees and still have a small company feel with the advantages of a large organization. This is more than a job, this is a career.
Company – NEIS Inc.