Editing, Education & Training, K-12, Math & Economics, Writing
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The Practice and Assessment Writer, Math will work closely with the Editorial Lead for Math, K-12, editing and writing Amplify Math practice and assessments for Grades 6-8 and Algebra 1. The Practice and Assessment Writer, Math will report to the Editorial Lead for Math, K-12.
***This is a part-time (25 hours per week) contract position expected run through April 2021.
- Edit and write multiple forms of diagnostic and summative assessments. This includes student-facing assessments and teacher-facing assessment pages that contain assessment problem analysis.
- Edit and write practice sets per each lesson. This includes student-facing practice sets and teacher-facing practice problem analysis.
- Ensure consistency of voice and adherence to program style, vision, and philosophy.
- Ensure that practice and assessments meet with strict problem specifications and page counts.
- Maintain an asset tracker for the creation of art. Review and approve art.
- Monitor editorial progress and ensure that it keeps pace with Amplify Math’s production schedule.
- Verify the mathematical correctness of Amplify Math content.
- Review proofs of the practice and assessment pages and make comments.
- Maintain a bookmap.
- 5+ years of editorial or copyediting experience with mathematics curriculum
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics
- Experience with formatting of mathematical type
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience working effectively on teams with diverse priorities and focus, i.e., a Curriculum Team comprised of Curriculum Developers, Managing Editors, Designers, Graphers, and Writers
- Preferred Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience developing mathematics curriculum
- Editorial experience with digital curriculum
- Experience using Google docs
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.
Company – Amplify Education
Website – https://www.amplify.com/