Mic is seeking a creative, part-time politics writer to work remotely. Writers should be able to work 3-4 days during business hours EST. Coverage will include pitching and writing analysis, commentary, and reported pieces on the biggest political news of the day.
We’ll cover everything from the 2020 election to immigration, voting rights, health care, criminal justice, social justice, and the student debt and housing crises — but always with a voice and angle unique to Mic. You should understand how to translate the news into meaningful commentary that explores the intersection of culture and politics. This is not a news aggregation job — this writer’s focus will be on writing insightful, unique analyses on a particular news theme or event, not news briefs.
Ideal candidates should have at least 3+ years of experience in reporting and/or writing, ideally about politics or news. Most importantly, you should bring a unique perspective with a definitive voice to your work. Please make that clear in your cover letter.
- Pitch and write 1-2 commentary/analysis pieces on the news theme of the day
- Synthesize information in a way that is digestible and relevant to our audience
- Work well in teams, listen to direction, and pitch in where needed
- Follow Mic style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
- Monitor social media and identify fresh angles on top news stories
- 3+ years reporting and writing experience
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Comfortable covering a wide range of topics
- A strong voice and innovative ideas
- Availability to work remotely at least 3 business days per week
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Mic
Website – https://www.mic.com/Click Here to Apply