Government & Politics, Writing
To be discussed.
Mic is a diverse news and media company for young people. Our mission is to inform, inspire, and empower our generation to make change happen. Each month, more than 65 million young people rely on Mic to make sense of the world.
Mic is looking for a highly motivated, passionate writer for our Policy team. This applicant should have experience writing about and reporting on U.S. politics, and have a nuanced understanding of the current political climate. The contractor will spend four months with Mic, during which time they’ll help grow our comprehensive coverage of the incoming Donald Trump administration.
This is a four month part-time contract position and writers are required to work remotely.
The best applicants will:
* Have the ability to create clean, high-quality copy under very tight deadlines
* Have the ability to write comfortably and competently about politics
* Be social media savvy, able to monitor Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, Reddit, and wherever else news for breaking and trending story opportunities can be found
* Write quickly and accurately under tight deadlines
* Be able to follow proper protocol around sourcing
* Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, or be willing to learn
* Familiarity with mic.com and its voice
* Willing to work evenings and weekends on a flexible schedule
* Strong knowledge of AP style
* Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or English preferredClick Here to Apply