Full Job Description
Mashable is hiring an energetic and creative Pinterest Editor to join our team. The ideal candidate will be organized and have an artistic eye, with a natural enthusiasm for social media and internet culture. Do you have a Pinterest board for all aspects of your life? Apply!
The role requires someone who can identify Mashable stories that will work on Pinterest, make eye-catching visuals, and optimize pins to drive engagement both on and off-platform. They have experience making and sharing pins and boards, and they instinctively understand how to appeal to the Pinterest community, from SEO-optimized headlines to highly discoverable descriptions.
The Pinterest editor will be responsible for making creative, eye-catching content for Mashable’s Pinterest page, as well as posting, distributing, and sharing daily Pinterest content. They’ll maintain current boards and create new ones. They should be a strategic thinker who’s confident in their creative capabilities, full of ideas, and motivated to drive growth. Organization, communication, and collaboration are a must. The role is best suited for a digital creative that has worked on Pinterest before.
You, our ideal candidate, are…
- Filled with ideas for helping Mashable increase engagement and click-throughs via Pinterest.
- Able to create clever, customized content for Pinterest.
- A professional who understands the importance of SEO, analytics, and editorial voice across distributed social platforms.
- An internet native who spends time on Pinterest and is up to date with the latest trends and platform changes.
- A confident communicator who is constantly generating and suggesting ideas, and is receptive to feedback.
- A total team player who is ready and willing to experiment, learn, and have a little fun — a sense of humor is a must!
The Day to Day
- Create compelling and engaging graphics for Mashable’s Pinterest boards.
- Pitch new ideas and strategies to drive growth.
- Pin and re-pin old/new content.
- Write SEO-rich headlines and descriptions.
- Create and maintain new Pinterest boards in addition to managing our current offerings.
- Maintain content calendars and adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Identify new and evergreen Mashable stories that would work for our Pinterest strategy.
- Other duties as determined by team managers or editorial executive management.
- 1-3 years of experience designing creative for social media platforms
- Pinterest experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative
- Detail-oriented, organized, and creative
- Understanding general style guide rules and editorial standards
- A strong work ethic with a self-starter mentality
- Deep knowledge of the digital space and Mashable’s coverage areas
- Active, personal presence on social media
- Familiarity with Google Sheets, Social Flow, and Photoshop are a plus
Mashable is passionate about the people, products, and innovations that shape our connected lives. For over a decade, we’ve delivered in-depth coverage of tech, entertainment, and digital culture to a global audience of over 70 million monthly visitors. We’re clever. We’re curious. We’re ahead of the curve. Obsess with us.
This position is part of the Ziff Davis Creators Guild, a NewsGuild union, and a contract is being negotiated. For more information, please visit the NewsGuild website.
Company – Mashable
Website: https://sea.mashable.com/Click Here to Apply