Art & Creative, Music, College & University
This position is responsible for providing piano accompaniment.
Responsibilities and Duties (Essential Functions):
– To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
– Provides piano accompaniment for choral group rehearsals and concerts
– Provides accompaniment for Associate of Fine Arts applied instruction (vocal or instrumental), recitals, and end of semester juries
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
– Demonstrates good management and care of college and departmental resources
– Ability to read music
– Demonstrated strong sight reader and ability to learn music quickly
– Ability to lead warm-ups for singers and vocal ensemble rehearsals
– Ability to play vocal parts – independent and mixed
– Ability to work a flexible schedule regularly during the academic term for rehearsals, concerts, recitals, etc.
– Ability to use computer skills necessary to the perform job (Microsoft Office, Internet knowledge, and email)
– Requires strong organizational skills
– Demonstrates resourcefulness, initiative, enthusiasm, and a sincere interest inhelping students reach their maximum potential
– Demonstrates proficiency in both written and oral communication
* Bachelor’s degree in Music, Music Education, Piano Performance, Accompanying, or Chamber Music
Two years of experience playing the piano as an accompanist
* Master’s degree in Music, Piano Performance, or Accompanying
* Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort.
* Performs work in a safe and secure work environment that may periodically have unpredicted requirements or demands.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply