Full Job Description
Peer Mentors are essential members of Equip’s 5-person treatment team, working alongside a dietitian, medical provider, therapist, and family mentor to help people recover from an eating disorder. Equip’s Peer Mentors receive substantial initial training, along with weekly supervision, to learn how to help patients recover from their eating disorders.
Peer Mentor duties may include:
- Participating in initial and ongoing trainings
- Meeting with patients for virtual sessions and check-ins
- Providing patients with support and motivation
- Sharing resources with patients; model and coach recovery skills
- Coaching patients through snacks/meals
- Timely and frequent communication utilizing between-session messaging to motivate and support patients and communicate with the treatment team
- Record notes on sessions
- Participate in Treatment Team meetings
- Attend/co-lead skills groups
- Attend supervision and department meetings
- Other related duties can be assigned based on need, applicant’s career interests, and/or patient load
Compensation is competitive, salaried (not hourly, nor per patient), and includes extensive paid training. Employees who are 20+ hrs/week also have access to Equip’s health, vision, and dental benefits, unlimited PTO, technology device + tech stipend, and several other benefits.
This position requires that applicants:
- be in recovery from an eating disorder
- possess strong oral and written communication skills
- be curious, enjoy learning, and are eager to implement growth-oriented feedback
- have the ability to build collaborative relationships with strong interpersonal skills
- enjoy working collaboratively on a team
Preferred, but not required:
- Leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring skills
- Fluent in English and Spanish
Providers will work with their supervisors to put together a schedule. Your time will be divided between:
- Team meetings: 2 hours per week
- Tuesdays 11am-Noon (PST) Treatment Team Meeting
- Thursdays 11am-Noon (PST) Group Supervision and Ongoing Training
- Individual supervision: 0.5-1hr/week
- Scheduled Clinic Time
- 70-80% of your Clinic Time is during peak hours: 3pm-8pm weekdays (in the patient’s timezone). You will work with your supervisor to set your Clinic Availability. As you will be seeing people in multiple timezones, you may have earlier shifts. There is also the option to work on Saturdays if that interests you.
- Unscheduled Flex Time
- 20-30% of your Clinic Time is unscheduled Flex Time to respond to between-session messages and schedule 15-minute check-ins with clients or hold unanticipated sessions.
Equip is committed to treating the millions of patients who have been underserved by traditional eating disorder programs. We recognize that eating disorders affect all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, body sizes, education levels, socioeconomic levels and ages-and as such we aim to put together diverse care teams to reflect the diversity of the patients that we serve. This is a lived experience position, so no minimum education level is required.
Equip prioritizes candidates with a passion for the mission and lived experience. Additionally, we welcome applicants who have been historically been ignored in the eating disorder community, including BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people in larger bodies, and men. Please include a resume and cover letter.
For more information about Equip, please visit our website.
Company – eQUIP
Website: https://equiphealth.recruitee.com/Click Here to Apply