Full Job Description
Why Work at Children’s….
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated three times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 12 specialty care centers, 400+ outreach clinics and 7,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
We need your expertise.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different. Do you have what it takes?
Department: PBX Operators
Hours per week: 1
Shift: Position will be on call as needed in a department that operates 24/7. Candidate will cover all shifts which will include nights, weekends and holidays.
Answers and distributes incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Performs various hospital communications and clerical duties. Handles and activates emergency procedures throughout the hospital.
POPULATION SPECIFIC CARE
- No Direct Patient Care
- Sends critical incident pages in an accurate and timely manner by strictly following written protocol per the emergency code paging manual.
- Completes all critical incident paging documentation in a timely manner.
- Conveys courtesy, dignity, respect and a positive attitude with all individuals. Consistently meets call quality standards by following CHCO telephone customer service guidelines.
- Timely Call Response and accurate assistance to the caller.
- Provide PBX support and accurately handles incoming, outgoing and interoffice call requests.
- Demonstrates effective personal management skills and pursues continuous improvement.
- Most often externally with patients and families, involves coordination with other departments; exchanges require explanation & interpretation and involves matters possibly sensitive in nature.
- Responsible for personal use of resources, supplies and materials, tracking personal spending and submitting accurate expense reports.
- Short term decisions, impact usually limited to task related activities and immediate colleagues.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
- Guidelines: Guidelines are generally numerous, well established, and directly applicable to the work assignment. Work assignment and desired results are explained by general oral or written instructions.
- Complexity: Duties assigned are generally repetitive and restricted in scope but may be of substantial intricacy. Employee primarily applies standardized practices.
- Decision Making: Decisions or recommendations on non-standardized situations are limited to relating organizational policies to specific cases. Brings non routine issues to supervisor. Problems that are not covered by guidelines or are without precedent are taken up with the supervisor.
- Communications: Contacts with the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, gathered, or presented and some degree of discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
- Supervision Received: Under normal supervision, within a standardized work situation, the employee performs duties common to the line of work without close supervision or detailed instruction. Work product is subject to continual review.
- EDUCATION – High School Diploma or equivalent.
- EXPERIENCE – 1-2 years related experience preferred including customer service. Previous experience handling stressful situations and verbally relaying necessary information to assist in resolving the crisis preferred.
- Candidate will work remotely after completing 8 weeks of on-site training
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception – Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Good
- Audio Visual: Hearing: Good
- Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Reach up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Carry up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Pull up to 1/3 of the time
- Motion: Push up to 1/3 of the time
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 lbs. or more, up to 1/3 of the time
- General Activity: Stand/Walk up to 4hrs a day
- Use of hands/feet: Precise Motion Function (or fine manipulation)
- Equipment: telephone, computers, fax machines, copiers, reading reports/graphs
- Exposure: Exposure to blood/body fluid: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to cold/heat: Occasional
- Exposure: Exposure to infectious disease: Occasional
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately
- Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with other effectively
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. Be aware that none of the questions are intended to imply illegal preferences or discrimination based on non-job-related information.
Company – Children’s Hospital Colorado
Website: https://www.childrenscolorado.orgClick Here to Apply