Do you want to make a difference in healthcare?
Landmark Health was created to transform how healthcare is delivered to the most medically vulnerable members in our community. Our medical group provides home-based medical care to chronically ill patients, many of whom are frail, elderly and ill-equipped to navigate our overwhelming healthcare system.
Because many of our patients are frail and elderly, we deliver care primarily in the comfort of their home. Our Program is also offered to eligible patients at no incremental financial cost to them. We are not a fee-for-service practice; we benefit economically only if we deliver high-quality patient outcomes and satisfaction. As a result, our clinical teams can spend quality-time caring for a smaller number of patients, giving all patients the space, respect, compassion and care they deserve.
Our model is finding success throughout the country; we are now the nation’s largest risk-based, in-home medical group.
At Landmark, our interdisciplinary teams collaboratively manage our complex patient panels. These teams are led by Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants, with supporting care provided by RN Nurse Care Managers, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Behavioral Health and other employed team members.
The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for maintaining appropriate call coverage for Landmark Health’s patient facing phone lines while also contributing to administrative tasks necessary to support the Landmark clinical model.
Position can be located in any of the following states: AR, CA, KS, KY, LA, MA, MS, MO, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, RI, WA
- Provide superlative and empathetic telephonic customer service for Landmark patients
- Actively listen and probe patients in a professional and timely manner to understand and evaluate patient’s need, specifically whether the need is clinical or administrative
- Warm-transfer calls to Landmark clinical staff for clinically escalated situations
- Communicate and collaborate with members of the Landmark interdisciplinary team
- Utilize critical thinking and effective communications to help connect the value of the Landmark program to patients in need of more information
- Document non-emergent patient interactions across Landmark’s various communication methods
- Manage the scheduling process for patients wanting to schedule new visits or reschedule existing ones
- Ad hoc administrative tasks as assigned
- Employees in the position can expect to be on the phone up to 90% of their work shift and complete other essential function on an as-needed basis
- Full time and part-time roles available, with flexibility for changing shift coverage over time. Shifts are most mostly outside of normal business hours: first shift (6 am – 11 am), third shift (5 pm – 1 am), and weekends (9 am – 11 pm).
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with escalated customer service issue resolution; experience with following triage protocol a plus
- 2+ years in a call center environment; health care experiences a plus
- 1+ year of healthcare background with medical terminology and familiarly of clinical issues
- Critical thinking skills required for success in role
- Knowledge of MS Office products; typing speed of 40+ WPM preferred
- Must reside within 60 miles of a Landmark facility
Company – Landmark Health