Bilingual, Inbound Call, Customer Service, International, Translation
To be discussed.
The Pashto Telephone Interpreter, is responsible for handling calls on demand, rarely by appointment, and renders meaning of conversations in the consecutive mode of interpretation between speakers of Pashto and English. She/he processes information quickly and concisely, recognizes sensitive cultural differences and is professional and courteous at all times. The Pashto interpreter will use appropriate industry terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical or technical subjects in the following fields: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, and 911, Law Enforcement, Court, and General Business.
A work from home Pashto Telephone Interpreter works from his/her home-office. It is essential to ensure a quiet & secure environment. Note pads and writing utensils, glossaries or dictionaries are useful tools. The Pashto interpreter must have a dedicated landline and head-set/telephone equipment.
Major Responsibilities & Principal Accountabilities:
* Renders correct concepts and meanings between Pashto and English following complexity, clarity, tone, and style from one language into another, upholding the correct rules for grammar and syntax in both languages
* Provides strict renditions of the messages including every detail of the conversation, and must be prepared for challenging calls at any time
* Employs good customer service and communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions
* Follows instructions of clients, manage the flow of the call and avoid taking over the call, as well as avoids interaction with the limited English speaker person w/o client’s permission
* Understands protocol and terminology in the following industries: Medical, Insurance, Finance, Court and Law
* Remains calm during calls in the event that one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations
* Remains punctual and available during scheduled work hours
* Ensures access to the Internet for work related electronic communicationClick Here to Apply