Full Job Description
This is a dynamic, high impact, and innovative role. The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of partner relationships to support achieving Global Citizen Year’s growth objectives. This role will operate as an external and internal liaison for partnership, management, and support. The Partnership Manager will be focused on funding student recruitment for our programs and developing new ways to earn revenue. This is an ideal role for an organized, hyper-networking, self-starter who is looking to leverage their analytical and problem-solving abilities to execute and innovate in a creative environment.Apply for Partnerships Manager
Position: Partnerships Manager
Application Deadline: April 23, 2021
How to apply: Apply online HERE. Please be prepared to submit a resume.
Your opportunity for impact
Leverage high impact partners: manage a portfolio of partners and deliver a great experience; identify ways to maximize value for both parties.
Find our next great partnership: identify and research potential partnership opportunities, build a pipeline, and help make them a reality.
Drive partnership performance: Develop a process-driven approach to our partnerships, own the metrics on performance, make recommendations for how to maximize these relationships.
Who will thrive in this role
We are looking for more than just hard skills, we want teammates who will add value to our organizational culture by bringing these mindsets to their work:
- Expert communicator and networker: You have a high EQ, and build trust and rapport easily with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. You communicate clearly and effectively, understanding who needs to know what, and adapting the message accordingly.
- Innovative: Imaginative and creative, you are always looking for a new approach to improve a result.
- Analytical: You can break down complex information to make solid conclusions; you are evidence driven, and use data to make strategic recommendations.
- Organized: You can prioritize (and then re-prioritize) to keep yourself and your workstreams marching forward towards your goals.
- Self motivated: You can set ambitious goals and timetables on your own, and achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Exercises excellent judgement: You evaluate all aspects of a situation to make important decisions.
- Connected to our mission: something in your own life experience drives your passion for Global Citizen Year’s mission and vision.
Other important characteristics:
- Proven experience in building and managing a sales pipeline; successful track record driving sales opportunities from lead generation to closure.
- You have 2+ years of account management and/or pipeline sales experience.
- You’re able to understand and operate within competing priorities and find opportunities to create value for all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to logically organize and build effective systems to manage complex information and processes.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with CRM platforms a must, preferably Salesforce.
Bonus points if have/are:
- Ability to make thoughtful, measurable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with internal and external stakeholders.
- Data-driven decision maker with creative and analytical business judgment.
About Global Citizen Year
Global Citizen Year is launching the generation of leaders our world needs now. Addressing our leadership crisis and overcoming our shared, global challenges – from pandemics and populism, to racial injustice and our climate crisis – requires a new generation of leaders who are:
- Committed to a purpose beyond themselves
- Equipped to work across lines of difference
- Reflective of society’s diversity
We’re changing the who and how of our next generation leaders in order to create a more inclusive, equitable, and sustainable future. Since 2010, Global Citizen Year has worked with over 1,200 exceptional young people shaping their values, perspectives and skills in ways classroom learning alone cannot.
We offer two experiences – the Fellowship and the Academy – both of which select talented students who represent diverse backgrounds and equip them with the empathy, agency and global network to drive impact today – and over the course of their lives.
The Fellowship selects exceptional high school graduates to spend eight months living and working alongside the global majority in communities across Brazil, Ecuador, and India. Fellows live with a host family and apprentice to local efforts advancing education, health, and sustainability. Through a deep immersion scaffolded by a cohort, curriculum and coaching, Fellows learn languages, develop resilience living in their stretch zone, and become part of a community a world away from home. Fellows return with global skills and insights that shape their character and equip them to find shared solutions that advance the greater good.
The Academy is a first-of-its-kind leadership experience (delivered virtually) that equips students worldwide to find their purpose, their people, and their power to make an impact. During the 12-week semester, students hone their skills in our signature leadership course, receive personalized mentorship, and attend intimate discussions with today’s most influential leaders such as Melinda Gates, DeRay McKesson, and Jay Shetty. At just 5-10 hours per week including optional volunteer opportunities, the Academy is designed to add an enriching layer of purpose to school, travel, or work. Students graduate from the Academy as part of an international community of diverse changemakers and with the conviction to align their lives with the world’s needs.
Our core values guide everything we do as an organization. They help us provide a lens and framework through which to approach our daily work, our interactions with teammates, our strategic decisions, our hiring, and how we build our culture as an organization. We are proud to have the following core values:
Curiosity: practice curiosity before judgement Empathy: connect to build empathy Equity: advance equity and opportunity for all Courage: have courage to do the hard things Conviction: Align your life with your convictions
What it’s like to work at Global Citizen Year
More than just coworkers, we’re friends, travel buddies, yoga partners, soccer rivals, and co-conspirators for making a real impact. We work hard, play hard, and truly value creating the time and space to connect with one another as humans.
To read more about what it’s like to work at Global Citizen Year, find us on Glassdoor.
What is a day to day like for this role?
One of the most exciting things about this role is that it’s a new position in our growing organization and on the Growth Team. The Partnerships Manager will have an opportunity to be part of shaping what the role looks like day to day and help set their own goals in close consultation with the Director of Growth and Innovation. Through partnership management and recruitment of students through those partnerships, you will likely work closely with our Director of Growth Marketing, our Admissions Manager, our Communications team, and others.
Who does this position report to?
This role reports to the Director of Growth and Innovation.
What are key considerations for success for working at Global Citizen Year?
- Curiosity before judgement: this is the mantra for our Fellows and Students, and it applies to staff as well. We expect each employee to lead with curiosity, be a continuous learner, and be receptive to changing their opinions.
- Equity lens: Global Citizen Year is deeply invested in living our values while centering our commitment to equity. We are all in different places on our equity journey, and we are looking for teammates who are willing and able to put a desire for equity into action.
- Problem solver vs. problem identifier: identifying the problem is only step one; you will thrive at Global Citizen Year if you can also identify a solution, or a next step towards one.
- Innovation drives progress: Just because “we’ve always done it that way” doesn’t mean we always have to: ask yourself – is there a way to do this better? Faster? More efficiently? To generate more buy in? It’s important to ask questions and thoughtfully push back.
Location: Global Citizen Year is headquartered in Oakland CA, but currently our staff are working remotely. This position is a remote-viable position. The entire staff is remote until it is safe to turn to in-person work.
Start date: The intended start date is July 1, 2021.
Compensation: We are proud to provide a total compensation package that puts the person first, and can discuss in more detail once a candidate has applied.
Application process: Submit your resume and cover letter here. After submitting an application if you are moved forward our process includes the following steps:
- Initial phone conversation
- Application exercise (completed on your own time)
- Video interview (Hiring Manager and another Team Member)
- Interview with Senior Leadership Team Member
- Reference checks
Global Citizen Year is an equal opportunity employer. We know a diverse team produces the best results and we believe our team should reflect the diversity of leadership we aim to inspire. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Company – Global Citizen Year
Website: https://www.globalcitizenyear.org/Click Here to Apply