Administrative, Education & Training, College & University, Environmental & Green, Project Management, Research
To be discussed.
School of Natural Resources and Extension is looking for a Research Program Assistant to work with the Director of Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Stations and the Georgeson Botanical Garden.
This position is essential to helping the unit fulfill the requirements for federal appropriations as well as to seek out and encourage new sources of funding to support the experiment stations including the Georgeson Botanical Garden.
Special instructions to applicants:
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and names and contact information (email and phone number) for three (3) professional references.
The successful applicant is required to complete a background check. Any offer of employment is contingent on the background check.
Pursuant to University Regulation 04.07.020, new employees of the University are employed in an at-will probationary status for the first six months of employment. During the probationary period, employment may be terminated for no reason or any reason. Promoted employees also serve a probationary period with limited rights of retreat.
The University of Alaska is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and educational institution. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
It is the policy of the University of Alaska Fairbanks that all employees are required to attend training to meet the requirements of the positions they hold, and to complete the required training within a specified period of time to remain employed at UAF.
Capacity Grant Projects Coordination:
Assist in developing 5-year Plan of Work with faculty and administrative assistance and USDA Annual Report for all research conducted through the AK Agriculture and Forestry Experiment Station in collaboration with the Extension Service.
Research Program Support:
Identify, suggest, and disseminate external funding opportunities to faculty including help to set up queries and tools in SpinEd. -Support Director of Research in preparing agendas, taking notes, and representing SNRE in meetings as needed. -Backup Academic Program Assistant.
Georgeson Botanical Garden Coordination:
* Development Officer for GBG which includes tracking donations and their specified uses, developing and maintaining donor relations, coordinating fundraising events with UAF Development and UA Foundation.
* Outreach activities including Interact with the public via phone, in person or Internet such as answering general questions about the Garden, coordinating volunteers and GBG Society members to complete necessary outreach activities, scheduling events.
* Point of Contact for GBG activities which includes interacting with public, agencies, UAF departments, etc. to respond to request, questions, comments in order to enhance the visibility of the facility.
* Marketing GBG activities, events, and facilities by working with SNRE Communications in developing marketing materials including newsletters, fliers, garden signs, brochures, etc. Find venues for advertising including radio, TV, newspaper, etc. Manage structure and content of the GBG website.
* Maintain records such as mailing lists, business contacts, suppliers, potential donors, etc.Click Here to Apply