Event Planning, Marketing
To be discussed
The Asbury Park Press, part of the USA TODAY Network, is seeking an Event Representative to promote subscription sales, build the brand image and presence and assist consumer trial at the Jersey Shore’s hottest events. Great opportunity for non-traditional work hours and college students!
Candidates must be 18 years of age and older and have prior sales experience. The more you sell, the more you can earn!
This is a part-time position that requires flexible, non-traditional work hours. The ideal candidate will have a passion for interacting with the public, have a solid sales track record, be highly personable with excellent communication skills, and be highly confident and motivated.
This position reports to the Local Sales Manager.
* Attend The Asbury Park Press sponsored and local events to sell newspaper subscriptions, with a focus on acquisition.
* Coordinate events and onsite presence with Local Sales Manager to maximize sales exposure.
* Deliver key benefits: Value, Relevance, User Experience & Benefits
* Engage consumers with charisma and energy, not only to deliver vital product talking points and demonstrations but to provide a fun and memorable experience
* Influence purchase behavior and make a SALE!
* Capture LEADS – demonstrate steps to Link, Like & Love APP on Facebook, app.com, app.com/insider, reporter email / newsletters, and more
* Engage & Incentivize consumers in all product offerings and sales plans
* Bring APP to life by demonstrating the functionality and ease of use and positive emotional benefit gained for consumers
* Provide product demonstrations via video, interactive monitor, iPad, and/or mobile device
* Discuss upcoming strategic editorial content offerings and upcoming events
* Possesses the ability to prioritize, adhere to schedules and communicate regularly on project status.
* Must be able to work independently and also as a member of a cohesive team. Has the physical stamina to set up and breakdown kiosks, carry hand-outs and stand for extended periods of time.
* React to changes productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
* 1 – 2 years of sales experience.
* Sales skills should be present along with strong communications skills.
* Time management and good organization skills are critical.
* Must be available to work daytime and non-traditional hours, including some nights and weekends
* Must be savvy with social media and digital technology
* Travel is a requirement of the position; must possess a vehicle, valid driver’s license and car insurance.Click Here to Apply