Chat Support, Chat Agent
Position Purpose and Objectives
**This position is available for remote work.
The primary purpose of the Chat Agent position is to assist Credit Union of Texas in living out its vision to “deliver an unexpected experience” by providing outstanding service to internal and external members. The Chat Agent position is responsible for performing financial and service transactions via web chat for our valued members by handling all transactions accurately and efficiently as set forth by our policy and procedures for CUTX. A key component is to fully understand the reason for the chat, provide the information, and recommend solutions for the financial needs. This is an ideal positon for someone who thrives on interacting with members via web chat and working with other departments to find solutions for our members.
Major Duties and Essential Functions
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of Credit Union of Texas’ vision, core values, employee creed, and long term objectives. A key component of this is to “deliver an unexpected experience” by consistently providing outstanding service to internal and external members with every interaction.
- Identify member financial need(s) and recommend an appropriate/progressive credit union product/service solution.
- Responsible to meet or exceed sales and service goals established by leadership.
- Complete transactions within members’ accounts while keeping errors to a minimum.
- Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures. This includes compliance with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Office of Foreign Assets Control and USA Patriot Act as they apply to the duties of the position.
- May perform other duties as required to maintain credit union services and operations.
Other duties necessary to achieve the goals of the credit union:
Comply with Brand Standards and ensure that all team members are adhering to policies and procedures of Credit Union of Texas. Meet established goals and coach and develop all team members to meet or exceed goals and provide exceptional service to internal and external members. Ensure the departments is compliant with all regulations, and Credit Union policies and procedures.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
- Character built on integrity and sincerity; relatable.
- Effective verbal communication and written communication skills.
- Tact and diplomacy when communicating with internal and external members.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Cognitive thinking, problem-solving skills and sound decision-making.
- Excellent member-centric skills.
- Ability to maintain an attitude of positivity, teamwork and cooperation with internal members.
- Goal oriented and ability to stay on task in a fast-paced environment.
- Adhere to all policies and requirements stated within the Virtual Office Agreement.
- Basic mathematical skills as it relates to the financial industry.
- Competence with computer programs, telephone, 10-key calculator and other office machinery.
Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience and certifications.
Experience: Minimum 4-6 years related experience in financial institution environment or equivalent preferred.
Physical Activities and Requirements of this Position
Working Conditions of this Position
Mental Activities and Requirements of this Position
The responsibilities contained within this job description remains compliant with Bank Secrecy Act / Anti-Money Laundering, Office of Foreign Assets Control and USA PATRIOT Act as they apply to the duties of the position
The information in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job, which may vary on the department or the assignment. The actual essential duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary by department, reporting structure and other business needs. No inference should be drawn that a specific job duty, responsibility or qualification is non-essential by its absence from this description.
Company – Credit Union of Texas