Full Job Description
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness is a national non-profit organization dedicated to the outreach, education, early intervention, support, and advocacy for all eating disorders.
Founded in October 2000, The Alliance has worked tirelessly to raise awareness; eliminate secrecy and stigma; promote access to care; and support those susceptible to, currently experiencing, and recovered from eating disorders. We create a bridge for those needing and seeking help by connecting people with resources to assist them in recovery.
The Alliance offers comprehensive services, including: educational presentations and training days to schools, healthcare providers, hospitals, and community agencies; free, clinician-led weekly support groups nationwide for those experiencing eating disorders and for their loved ones; support and referrals through both our free help-line and comprehensive referral website; and unique and empowering scale smashing events and SmashTALK panel discussions. In September 2017, The Alliance opened Psychological Services, which offers direct, low-cost, life-saving treatment to underinsured and uninsured adults in the South Florida community.
Over the past 20 years, we have demonstrated our tireless commitment to making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness, a national nonprofit organization, is seeking energetic and passionate Operations Interns for the 2021 Summer School Semester. These are part-time, unpaid internships with flexible hours. Interns will report to the Operations Manager.
The Operations Interns will shadow the Operations Manager and assist in editing and creating handbooks, policies, and procedures for the company. Interns are will also help and learn about the general management of a non-profit organization while assisting in further developing the organization with expansion objectives. Interns will be exposed to a variety of departments and organizational meetings to further develop their knowledge of operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Researching and compiling data.
- Following up on projects and with operations management.
- Attend weekly meetings, individual meetings, presentations, and report updates.
- Assist in planning and organizing other internship roles with supervision.
- Assist with updating employee handbooks and policies.
- General Human Resources tasks.
- Collaborating with Operations Manager for upcoming projects.
- Minimum of three observations of Alliance-hosted support groups.
- Specifics: Unpaid remote internship with optional academic credit hours offered
- Time Commitment: The internship requires a part-time commitment of 10, 15, or 20 hours per week.
- Internship Duration: Spring Internships will start the week of May 10, 2021 and will run through the end of August.
- Undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or any degree relating to Operations within the non-profit sector.
- Academic credit hours offered (optional)
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Technical computer skills, especially in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Comfortable working alone in a remote environment
The application deadline is March 19th. The first and second interviews will be scheduled from March 22nd through April 12th. Offer letters and onboarding will be sent the week of April 19th.
Be sure to include a cover letter, resume, and school paperwork (if applicable) in the application.
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.The Alliance for Eating Disorders
Company – The Alliance for Eating DisordersClick Here to Apply