Bilingual, Japanese, Education & Training, College & University, Online Teaching
To be discussed
Part-time and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
* Teaching excellence
* Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
* Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
* Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching Presence,
* Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
* Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
* Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
* Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
* Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
* Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
Required Education and Experience:
* Master’s degree in Japanese or a closely related field with 18 or more graduate credit hours in Japanese, from a regionally accredited institution is required.
* Experience teaching Japanese is required.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
* Record of excellence in teaching.
* College-level teaching experience is preferred.
* Online teaching experience is required.Click Here to Apply