Communications, Editing, News & Journalism, Writing, Online Content
To be discussed.
Essential Job Functions
* 40% – Write, rewrite, edit, produce and update site content, including news, information and features. Find and add links to related stories and Web sites.
* 20% – Find and add other content to stories to enhance overall value to our visitors and support the efforts of our content partner, KMOV-TV.
* 10% – Capture, edit, prepare and upload photos and videos for Internet use.
* 15% – Monitor daily news flow and track scheduled news events to ensure proper digital media coverage.
* 15% – Serve as a front-line point of contact with KMOV-TV reporters and news managers. Keep News/Operations
* Manager updated on daily news events and issues.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 2 years journalism work experience in a local or national news organization. College digital news experience a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work under pressure and meet or beat deadlines.
– Must be creative in using new ideas and technology to create solutions and opportunities.
– Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of audience needs and expectations.
– Ability to interact promptly, productively and positively with fellow employees and all levels of management.
– Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills.
– Strong self motivation and strong work ethic.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply