Job Category: Virtual Admin
Location: Work from Anywhere (U.S., Canada)
$16 per hour + Bonus.
Do you have career-experience in hiring, onboarding, and…. consulting? (a strange match, I know)
We’re offering an exciting, challenging contract position as “Onboarding Consultant” for our Great Assistant program.
A few details:
– 100% from-home opportunity
– you must be USA- or Canada-based
– approx 20 hours per week
– almost all hours are weekday, daytime
Hello, my name is Tim Francis, President of ProfitFactory.com, and Founder of the Great Assistant Program.
We’re is a small startup which helps Entrepreneurs of small companies (all under $50M, most under $10M) get matched up with a Great Assistant to help alleviate the Entrepreneur’s workload.
You’ll onboard Entrepreneurs. The most important part of this are the 2-3 “delegation sessions” you’ll conduct with each Entrepreneur. In these sessions, you’ll help them “unpack” their To-Do list into small enough projects their (forthcoming) Assistant can take over with maximum ease and flow.
You’ll also be involved interviewing Assistant-candidates. Your intimate knowledge of our Entrepreneur-clients’ businesses will help you find winning Assistants.
You’ll also monitor progress of our Entrepreneur-clients to make sure they’re completing their assigned prep work.
Lastly, you’ll be asked to review and optimize our onboarding processes to improve both the speed of onboarding, as well as the success rate of Entrepreneur-Assistant matches.
Outcomes You’ll be Held Accountable To
All outcomes are by Dec 31, 2016, with interim milestones throughout the year:
1) 196 Assistants placed
2) Shorten “Days to Match” from 61 days to 14 days. We measure the length of time from Entrepreneur’s purchase to the time they get introduced to their Assistant. You’ll be expected to improve this to 14 days or less.
3) Achieve “Trial Period Stick Rate” of 85% or higher. When matches happen, there is a 21-day trial period for Entrepreneurs and Assistants to test-drive each other. A stick-rate of 85% or higher shows you’re making good matches. Currently we’re at 83%.
4) Achieve and Sustain 90-Day Entrepreneur NPS of 70 or higher. NPS (Net Promoter Score) is a customer satisfaction metric. We don’t have any hard data on our current NPS, although I suspect it’s around 30, mostly due to many neutral ratings (i.e. our customers haven’t been overjoyed, but they haven’t been upset either).
5) Weekly Meeting and Metrics. Each week you’ll be expected to attend (online) our team-wide metrics meeting to see team progress and report your results.
Competencies You’ll Need to Be Successful
a) Confident Interviewer: In you onboarding efforts, you’ll need to carefully interview our Entrepreneur clients to understand their needs. Also to guide them in unpacking their brain. Having a warm, welcoming, curious, and collaborative attitude will be a huge asset.
b) Good Match-maker: Ability to find good matches between Assistants and Entrepreneurs, across all three domains: affective, cognitive, and conative. Staying abreast of who you’ve got on both rosters (Entrepreneur clients and Assistant prospects) at any given time is essential in spotting matches.
c) Attention to Detail: our processes are very checklist- and detail-driven. All details and checkpoints matter.
d) Strong Listening Skills: strong ability in empathic / reflective listening required. Often match-making requires deep listening to “read between the lines.” Listen more than you speak.
e) Instinct to close loops / strong follow-through.
Our team Core Values are:
– Be Accountable and Transparent
– Show People You Care
– Pursue Mastery and Growth
– Our working culture (both Great Assistant and Profit Factory) is relaxed, i.e. yoga pants and t-shirts. Do not, however, mistake this with a casual, lazy, or low-performing team. I lead the way, often working 60+ hours per week (in my sweat pants) whilst consulting to founders of multi-million-dollar companies. Team-wide we’re numbers-driven and outcome-focused. Ambition, growth, high-quality work… while wearing comfy clothes.
– As company President, there’s three things I despise: 1) Entitlement; 2) Waste; 3) Drama / Politicking. The first sniff of any of these three, or any violation of our Core Values, and your participation will be under immediate review.
– In our Culture there’s ample room for growth, mistakes, and learning. Mistakes of ambition are okay, where you’ve given a task or project your best shot, but missed your mark. You (and we) can learn and get better from that. (By contrast, mistakes of laziness or negligence are unacceptable.)
– work from home
– contract position (not W2 employee)
– intention is a long-term relationship (3+ years)
– 20 hours per week to begin, opportunity to expand as company grows
– blocks of predictable, weekday, daytime availability required (e.g. Mon – Fri, 10am – 2pm)
– one evening meeting per week of 60 mins
– must be native English speaker and writer
How to Apply
In the subject line, please write:
“I’m (insert first name) from (insert your city) – I’m a Pro at Hiring, Training, Matchmaking”
In the body, please write me a 14-sentence email including:
Two sentence opening salutation that says: “Hey there TF, what’s happening up in Canada? My name is _____, I’m applying for the Hiring / Matchmaking / Training position you posted on FlexJobs.com”
Paragraph 1: example of how you’ve been great at hiring in a previous position you’ve held (black font, Courier, 3 sentences).
Paragraph 2: example of how you’ve been a great trainer in a previous position you’ve held (blue font, Verdana, 3 sentences)
Paragraph 3: story from a previous position of how you improved a process to make the organization / business smoother and faster (red font, Courier, this time 4 sentences). Please include metrics somewhere in your 4 sentences.
Two sentence closing including: the name of three blog posts you saw on the ProfitFactory.com website, and a closing salutation including your name, email address, and phone number.
Please attach your resume.
Thank-you. I’m kooking forward to your application, and to growing alongside the winning applicant.