Since we launched in 2009, Cranky Concierge has helped thousands of travelers with their flights. We’ve
booked their travels, monitored for issues, and stepped in when things went wrong. We’ve grown
steadily and continuously since then, and now we need more help. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for an Office Assistant to help our staff best serve our clients. Keep reading to learn more.
* Answer phones and either direct to staff or provide assistance on simple issues (e.g. asking
about our pricing, collecting client-provided information)
* Monitor incoming emails and assign tasks to staff; answer simple questions directly
* Perform accounting duties – prepare invoices, run credit cards, etc
* Assist staff with various tasks as needed
How does that sound? If it’s the kind of thing you’d like to do, then here’s what we’re looking for.
* Reliable – You’ll be working remotely, and we don’t like to micro-manage. Things move quickly
here and we need everyone to be on duty when expected. If you say you’ll do something, we
need to trust you’ll follow through.
* Quick Learner – We don’t require that you know a ton about the airline industry for this job.
We’ll train you on what you need to know. We just need you to be able to pick things up quickly.
* Detail Oriented – Dealing with air travel is not easy since there are a million important details
and all have to be conveyed correctly. Even little things matter. For example, does it bother you
that there’s no hyphen between “Detail” and “Oriented”? If so, we like you already.
* Common Sense – You should have it. Clients don’t always tell us exactly what we need, so you
need to know when to put the pieces together and when to ask for more information.
* Pleasant – There will be a fair bit of client interaction this role, and they won’t always be happy.
We need you to keep composure and remain pleasant at all times when dealing with clients.
* Clean – You’ll need to have a clean background. Since you’ll be handling sensitive data, a
background check will be required.
* Business Casual – Our interactions with clients are always professional, but that doesn’t mean
they’re rigid or stilted. It’s always a conversation, and it should sound like one. (As for the dress
code, well, we’re home-based so that’s up to you.)
If you still think you’d be a great fit, then keep reading. Here’s where we get into the weeds.
* You’ll work from home (or wherever you want, really), so make sure you have a place that’s
quiet and comfortable. Preference is given to those who have permanent residency (for tax
purposes) in California, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Colorado, North Carolina, Utah, Arizona, or
Maryland since we’re already registered with those states.
* You’ll need to have a reliable computer and phone. We’re a cloud-based company, so a quality
internet connection is required.
* Be comfortable with online chat for internal needs. We use both Google Hangouts and Slack.
* To start, we’re looking to fill one part-time role that would be 22.5 hours per week, 4.5 per day
Monday through Friday from 2p to 630p PT.
* Pay is $12 per hour.
* We’re hoping to have someone start as quickly as possible.
If this sounds like something you’d like to do, then we want to hear from you. We’ve set up a handy
Google form where you can apply.