Writing, Medical & Health, Nursing
Our rapidly scaling medical education technology company is seeking a Nursing Script Writer to join our team. In this role, you will be working with the Content Team to deliver the best learning experience for our learners
This is a hands-on position in a unique, remote start-up environment, so we are looking for a candidate who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and to work with team members across the organization.
Our mission is to “Empower the world’s clinicians & caregivers with the best learning experience possible.” To this end, we have an audience of more than a million current & future clinicians as well as patients and family members. Our members of the Osmosis learning platform and video library use the product to learn efficiently & excel in classes, board exams, and in the clinic.
We are a distributed team of creative, approachable, and motivated entrepreneurs, researchers, and clinicians who are passionate about improving healthcare and education. At Osmosis, we value highly-motivated problem solvers who manage their time efficiently, communicate earnestly, work effectively, and prioritize life-work balance. We do everything we can to make sure our teammates are successful personally and professionally.
About the Role
As a Script Writer, you will work closely with our script writing team, which consists of other script writers and editors. The scripts you create will be illustrated and turned into one of our amazing Osmosis-style videos! You might also be asked to revise scripts based on the feedback from nurses, doctors, and other experts of their respective fields. Sometimes, you’ll be asked to participate in team meetings and discussions where you get to interact with members from the video team and many others.
The responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Researching and writing scripts for video and other projects following the Osmosis style guidelines
- Editing and revision of written materials based on feedback from editors and experts
- Take part in team meetings and 1:1s with editors or team managers
- Work with illustrators and voice over artists
This position is part-time and remote. You must regularly be available during Eastern Standard Time (UTC – 5)
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) with one at least one (1) year of clinical experience.
- Must have strong writing ability
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Receptive to constructive feedback on style and substance
- Able to work remotely (you have a stable internet connection and computer).
- Able to work 10 – 40 hours per week most weeks.
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Google Documents.
- Entrepreneurial. You are a proven executor and work with urgency to produce excellent results with limited time and resources
- Studious. A keen interest in and deep knowledge of web and mobile technology, particularly pertaining to designing for learning experiences.
- Proactive. You anticipate problems before they arise and seek out effective ways to problem-solve and improve processes with your team members.
- Lifelong learner. You consume content (podcasts, blogs, books, etc) and apply these learnings in your work to make sure you are as effective as possible.
- Value-oriented. A passion for Osmosis’s mission, vision, and values as well as your daily work at Osmosis
Company – Osmosis