Medical & Health, Nursing
To be discussed.
We’re fast becoming the nation’s largest employer of Nurse Practitioners; offering a superior professional environment and incredible opportunities to make a difference in the lives of patients. This growth is not only a testament to our model’s success but the efforts, care, and commitment of our Nurse Practitioners.
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. This is your opportunity to join a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
In this role, you will conduct in – home health assessments on enrolled Medicare Advantage members within a geographic area of responsibility. While the average visit is 45 – 60 minutes, the nature of the House Calls visit can vary and could include performing an annual health assessment, a post discharge visit, or visiting more complex members more than once per year.
Conduct in-home assessments on health plan members. The House Calls Assessment includes:
– Past medical history
– Review of symptoms
– Physical examination
– Medication review
– Depression screening
– Responsible for checking vitals, conducting a physical exam that includes monofilament test, urine dipstick, and foot exam (as appropriate)
– Identify diagnoses to be used in care management and active medical management in the furtherance of treatment
– Formulate a list of current and past medical conditions using clinical knowledge and judgment and the findings of your assessment
– Communicate findings in your assessment that will be used to inform the PCP of potential gaps in care
– Educate members on topics such as disease process, medication, and compliance
– Comply with all HIPAA regulations and maintain security of protected health information (PHI)
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
– Active un-encumbered license to practice nursing in the assigned state or the ability to obtain
– Nurse Practitioner Certification from either the ANCC / AANP
– 1+ years of clinical experience in highest level of education OR 3+ years of experience as a Registered Nurse
– Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
– Possession of, or ability to obtain DEA licensure / Prescriptive Authority post – hire in states where applicable
– Ability to spend at least 1 hour with a member in their home, which may be in understaffed or remote areas, in the
– presence of pets, or members / family members that are tobacco users
– Ability to lift 30 pound bag in and out of car and up and down steps
– Ability to navigate stairs and a variety of dwelling conditions and configurations
– Ability to sit, stand and kneel as needed to perform physical assessment
– Family Practice, Gerontology, or Adult Certification
– Experience in gerontology, cardiology, internal medicine, or endocrinology
– Home care or home visit experience
– Excellent administrative, organizational and verbal skills
– Follow established dress code
– Effective communication skills with seniors
– Computer literate and able navigate the internet
– Ability to work independently
– Detail oriented
– Dependable and reliable
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply