Government & Politics, SEO & SEM, News & Journalism, Writing, Online Content
Elite Daily is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover News & Politics for our News vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include pitching, writing, and fact-checking breaking daily stories with opportunities for longer-form features, original reporting, and breaking news coverage. Topics of coverage will include general politics, the Trump administration, and social justice issues including gender equality, racial justice, and more…
The ideal candidate will have a distinct personal voice and perspective on the news, be comfortable handling multiple projects at once, and be just as enthusiastic about writing deep dives into reproductive health care policy as they are covering the latest viral politics tweet.
Candidates must have availability to work remotely four days per week, Monday through Friday, during normal Eastern Time business hours.
Preferred availability: Monday-Thursday, 10am-5pm ET (days are flexible)
- Pitch and write daily stories that are relevant to the Elite Daily audience
- Work directly with editors to brainstorm and ideate unique second-day angles on current trending topics
- Conceptualizing, researching, reporting, and writing long-form pieces
- Effectively package posts for both search and social optimization, with enticing headlines and teasers
- Exceptional writing and storytelling ability, with a distinct voice
- 1+ year(s) of experience covering breaking news and politics, preferably for a millennial or Gen Z audience
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Fluency with the political landscape and major news topics, including but not limited to health care and reproductive rights, the Trump administration, and social justice issues (gender issues, race issues, disability issues, etc.)
- Enthusiasm for and understanding of women’s media, including the issues important to young women today
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Company – Elite Daily
Website – https://www.elitedaily.com/