News & Journalism, Reporter, Writing
To be discussed
Mic is looking for an editor who understands the fast-paced entertainment news and breaking news cycles, who can provide edit support to our News desk.
You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day editing and publishing of several writers, working with our reporters to identify, produce and distribute engaging, smart, and cutting-edge stories that can reach millions of people. You should be eager to write yourself, and act as a player/coach to the rest of the team. You should understand how readers reach news and entertainment news through Google search and be able to drive traffic through SEO.
This is a four-month, part-time contract position and editors are required to work remotely.
* Manage the day-to-day workflow of reporters
* Identify, assign, edit and publish at least 10 articles per day
* Write one or two items per day, depending on coverage needs
* Monitor real-time trends on the social web, staying on top of minute-by-minute new developments
* Work with reporters to manage and assist the reporting process on original stories
* Work closely with the audience team, specifically the search team, to ensure stories are engaging and will resonate with Google
* Understanding of SEO and how Google search can drive traffic
* Previous editorial experience at a high-volume online publication or news outlet
* An astonishing attention to detail in copy
* Ability to provide productive feedback in a fast-based setting
* Ability to assign stories with a clear angle
* Writing clips from online publications
* Voracious reader of financial and policy news
* Amazing personal Twitter feed
* Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
* Creative, independent, and outside-the-box thinking
* Availability to work late nights and weekends, especially during the campaignClick Here to Apply