Bustle.com is seeking a remote part-time Entertainment Writer with a passion for movies to contribute 2-3 full days per week. Applicants should have extensive knowledge of pop culture, strong news judgment, a fun and witty voice, and the ability to write quickly and cleanly. The writer will have an opportunity to write about all different kinds of movies, from blockbuster releases to independent films.
Ideal candidates should hold a degree in journalism/communications or similar, and should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting, writing, and/or blogging, specializing in entertainment or celebrity writing. Applicants should have an established appetite for movies, yet be willing to branch out and cover less familiar genres if requested.
* Write assigned movies stories swiftly and reliably
* Follow Bustle style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
* Pitch ideas
* Attend screenings and conduct interviews whenever possible
* Interest in movies and pop culture in general, with a strong focus on reality
* A strong voice and innovative ideas2+ years reporting/blogging/writing experience
* Availability to work remotely at least two days a week
* Degree in journalism, communications, or related
Bustle Digital Group is the largest premium publisher reaching millennial women. Every month, nearly 80 million readers turn to Bustle Digital Group publications — Bustle, Romper, Elite Daily, and The Zoe Report — for impactful conversation around the interests and issues engaging women today. Focusing on everything from pop culture to parenthood, Bustle Digital Group’s content leverages the power of a diverse set of voices from coast to coast. Bustle Digital Group does business with over 300 global brands, and ranks among the most popular media companies with our demographic on social media. Bustle Digital Group was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and London.