Bilingual, Inbound Call, Customer Service, International, Translation
To be discussed.
The Telephone Interpreter, is responsible for handling calls on demand, rarely by appointment, and would render meaning of conversations on the consecutive mode of interpretation between speakers of Mnongand English. She/he processes information quickly and concisely, recognizes sensitive cultural differences and is professional and courteous at all times. The interpreter will use appropriate industry terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. The calls may involve simple or complex, non-technical or technical subjects in the following fields: Healthcare, Government, Insurance, Financial, Utilities, Travel & Hospitality, and 911, Law Enforcement, Court, and General Business.
An off-premises Telephone Interpreter works from his/her home-office and it is essential to ensure a quiet secure environment with note pads and writing utensils, glossaries or dictionaries. The interpreter must have a dedicated land-line and head-set/telephone equipment.
II. Major Responsibilities & Principal Accountabilities:
– Renders correct concepts and meanings between the Mnong and English languages following complexity, clarity, tone, and style from one language into another, upholding the correct rules for grammar and syntax in both languages.
– Provides strict renditions of the messages from Mnong into English and from English into Mnong, including every detail of the conversation, and must be prepared for challenging calls at any time.
– Employs good customer service and communication skills, clear enunciation, pronunciation, pleasant and professional voice as well as polite forms of expressions.
– Follows instructions of clients, manage the flow of the call and avoid taking over the call, as well as avoids interaction with the limited English speaker person w/o client’s permission.
– Understands protocol and terminology in the following industries: Medical, Insurance, Finance, Court and Law
– Remains calm during calls in the event that one of the primary speakers is incoherent or upset, especially in emergency situations
– Remains punctual and available during scheduled work hours.
– Ensures access to the Internet for work related electronic communication.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED — EEO/AA
This is not a translation position (the written word) but translators and other skilled linguists who are fluent in Mnong and English are encouraged to apply. Telephone interpreters translate verbally over the phone.
– Native or Near Native Fluency in Mnong and English
– Advanced skills in the cultural dynamics (cultural implication and idiomatic expression) of both Mnong and English
– Excellent listening, retention and note taking skills to maintain a high level of accuracy
– Knowledge of industry-specific terminology; on-going study of glossaries and training materials including scripts provided by our clients
– Ability to concentrate, stay detached from the conversation, and remain neutral and objective at all times
– Ability to follow client’s instructions closely
– Ability to explain certain cultural concepts to avoid miscommunication with the permission or at request of the client
– Completion of High school education
– Education in languages/translation/interpretation or related fields preferred, but not required
How to ApplyClick Here to Apply