Job Category: News, Social Media
Location: Work from anywhere (U.S.)
Based on experience.
Vox Media’s SB Nation is the fastest-growing online sports media brand and the largest network of more than 300 individual fan-centric sports communities, including SBNation.com, our national flagship property. Our network is powered by the most respected web-native sports journalists. One part of our network needs a new steady hand, and that’s where you come in.
For Whom the Cowbell Tolls, the SB Nation blog covering the Mississippi State Bulldogs, is looking for a new manager.
The site manager would be responsible for the following duties:
- Making sure that the site is publishing every day, and at a volume high enough for the site to continue to grow.
- Manage the site’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and help them continue to grow.
- Recruit, train and manage a staff of contributors that cover the MSU Bulldogs.
- Regular communication with SB Nation management over site goals, traffic, and progress
- Moderating and maintaining a vibrant, welcoming site community.
Our best site manager candidates will:
- Have a passion for the Mississippi State Bulldogs and news.
- Understand how to use popular social media networks, like Twitter and Facebook, and be willing to adapt to new best practices.
- Be able to produce and edit clean copy.
- Have the organizational skills to manage a staff of multiple people.
- Be comfortable working in a remote environment.
This is a contractor position that pays a monthly stipend. Some daytime availability is preferred.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
How to ApplyClick Here To Apply