Online Teaching, Teaching, Education & Training, Science, K-12
K12 believes in Education for Any One. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, The Keystone School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of The Keystone School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Keystone School Teacher is a state certified teacher responsible for supporting students in an independent learning model, by providing responsive content instruction and support through asynchronous instructional feedback and Academic Center support via phone and email. Academic Center support is focused on answering content questions, developing instructional resources, monitoring student and school academic achievement. Daytime availability may be required
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Teaches courses using a proactive instructional methodology that includes providing timely, motivating and constructive feedback on assignments and assessment items; maintaining student engagement in the course through periodic contact; creating student facing resources to be shared;
- Evaluates all subjective assessments and assigns an appropriate grade to each within the required timeframe
- Maintains educationally sound rubrics and applies them to the grading process;
- Provides detailed feedback for students to ensure mastery of content; covers day time academic center or student instructional sessions as needed to assist with student support; and responds to student inquiries/questions/ requests for help within the proscribed timeframe regardless of the medium by which they were received, e.g. email, phone call, etc
- Communicates effectively with students at different technology skill levels to support instruction and advance educational goals; models effective communication using all forms of technology and manages their proper use in order to maintain an educational, supportive learning environment; directs students to appropriate technical support resources when needed;
- Satisfies all continuing educational requirements as dictated by state teaching certification.
- Collaborates with staff and faculty in a professional manner in order to provide a positive experience for students; serves as a trainer and peer mentor to other Keystone teachers
- Maintains records regarding students in accordance with school policy and state requirements; prepares reports regarding students, classroom matters and course content;
- Builds community by contributing to school message boards, newsletters and events;
- Travels to and participates in staff meetings and professional development sessions; and actively engages in discussion groups for Keystone teachers contributing ideas and resources; completes assigned tasks as related to professional development activities;
- Follows all administrative policies and procedures for teaching staff
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for course review to ensure accurate and current content/assessments/gradebook/course tools; collaborates with staff, teachers and/or course writers to support curriculum enhancement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students? Are you driven to focus on students’ individual needs? Do you excel at managing the learning process?
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Expected Work Hours:
- Typically 20-25 PER WEEK Required
- Fewer or Additional Hours May be Required based on business needs
- Work Hours May be Required during Day Time Business Hours (8am-5pm, ET, Mon-Fri)
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Three (3) years of experience teaching
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state certification for assigned grade levels.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge of motivational techniques
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, decision-making, and interpersonal skills; Ability to anticipate potential problems in planning and implementing programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of instructional methodology
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook as well as Internet research methods; Web proficiency; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum
- Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensing as required
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience with charter school or other non-traditional school environment
- Experience working for distance education providers
- Experience working with educational technology
- Tutoring Experience
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-office based position. A home-office work space should be established in a distraction free area of the home.
- Equipment required – computer, internet with modem/router
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Company – K12
Website – https://www.k12.com/