K12 believes in education for everyone. We provide families an online option for a high-quality, personalized education experience. Students can thrive, find their passion, and learn in an environment that encourages discovery at their own pace. In support of this, we are committed to creating and maintaining a culture of inclusion and diversity where our employees are passionate about serving students and families, treat one another and customers with respect, challenge each other to innovate and always strive to do better.
Passionate Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, The Keystone School. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
First year teachers are encouraged to apply. Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
- Teaching Certificate(s)
- Performance Evaluations
- Prior Year State Assessment Data
- Reference Letter(s)
The mission of The Keystone School is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!.
The Teacher is a highly qualified, state certified educator responsible for delivering specific course content in an online environment. Teachers provide instruction, support, and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system. They actively work closely with students and parents/Learning Coaches to advance each student’s learning toward established goals. Teachers typically work from home but must travel occasionally throughout the year to various school functions, such as state testing or as otherwise required by the school.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Implements instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement;
- Creates instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students;
- Takes ownership for student’s academic progress and attendance, communicating high expectations and showing active interest in student’s achievement;
- Prepares students for high stakes standardized tests;
- Analyzes student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed;
- Participates in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth;
- Collaborates with local/regional/national teams and instructional coaches regarding instruction, resources, interventions and data-driven decision making;
- Open and available to be coached on a regular basis with administrators and instructional coaches;
- Adapts course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous and synchronous tools;
- Submits grades and required student work ensuring student academic honesty and integrity; Maintains grade book.
- Collaborates with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience;
- Actively participates in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Establishes and maintains positive rapport with families and regularly communicates with students and learning coaches/parents on an ongoing regular basis;
- Understands how both diverse and unique characteristics of students and their families impact required support;
- Works collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the program, that parents have a central point of contact, and that tasks are distributed among the stakeholders;
- Responds to students, parents and colleagues in timely manner.
Other Essential Functions
- Organizes social and educational activities for students and families, including sponsorship of virtual clubs, outings, marketing events or other extracurricular activities as required;
- Travels to testing sites to proctor state exams;
- Builds community;
- Helps staff with any enrollment or retention efforts as directed;
- Participates in committees as required.
- Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community.
Do you strive to deliver excellent instruction, support, and guidance to students? Are you driven to focus on students’ individual needs? Do you excel at managing the learning process?
If selected, you will participate in a year-long, comprehensive new teacher training and induction program that includes learning about K12 resources, our culture and how to work on our platforms. This program provides an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. You will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12’s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child’s learning.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- Six (6) months of student teaching experience AND
- Meet requirements for Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT)
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates and Licenses: Appropriate state teaching certification.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Pedagogical knowledge of content being taught and ability to apply critical thinking
- Knowledge of state content standards and ability to align those with the K12 curriculum
- Ability to embrace change/ adapt to ensure excellent student outcomes
- Ability to problem solve independently and have a high level of organization
- Understanding of interdependency of deadlines on multiple projects and able to act to preserve integrity on other people’s deadlines
- Ability to work independently typically 40+ hours per week
- Ability to maintain a professional home office without distraction during work day, typically 9-5 (or 8-4) or as defined by the school
- Ability to travel as required (on average once per month and/or approximately 10% of the time) for face to face professional development, student testing, and as required by school
- Access to reliable high speed internet
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word; PowerPoint;
- Ability to rapidly learn and adapt to new technologies and teaching platforms
- Ability to maintain teacher certification/professional development hours and fluency in K12 systems, programs and curriculum
- Ability to pass required background check
- Microsoft Office; Web proficiency.
- Ability to travel 5% of the time
- Ability to pass required background check
- Experience working with proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Experience teaching in an online (virtual) and/or in a brick and mortar environment
- Experience with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position
Company – K12