Full Job Description
Scribe-X Mission to improve the clinicians quality of life, the financial health of their practice and the quality of care they can provide, by providing opportunities to the next generation of healthcare providers to learn medicine first-hand as medical scribes.
Hiring New and Experienced Medical Scribes! Find Your Physician Mentor Today!
The Scribe-X medical scribe is critical member of the patient care team. Medical scribes will work side-by-side a healthcare provider to document patient encounters in real-time. Medical scribe training is provided to all scribes to assure they are prepared to support their assigned provider(s) – opportunities available in a variety of clinics. Experienced medical scribes can advance within Scribe-X to take on new training and provider consulting experienced.
Most assignments involve 1:1 pairing with a single provider, mirroring their schedule
Most Assignments Require Consistent Availability, Normal Business Hours, 3-5 Weekdays, Occasional Weekends (depending on assignment)
Hiring Year-Round to Start Next Week or Next Year
Summary of Position Description:
The Scribe-X medical scribe is critical member of the patient care team. Medical scribes will work side-by-side a healthcare provider to document patient encounters in real-time. Medical scribe training is provided to all scribes to assure they are prepared to support their assigned provider(s).
Essential Duties of a Medical Scribe
- Perform chart preparation per clinic protocol
- Accompany the provider in all scheduled patient visits
- Document the patient history, physical exam, procedures, and patient plan, as performed by the provider
- Enter laboratory, radiographic studies, and medication orders, as directed by the provider
Education and Skills
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred with a GPA of 3.00 or greater
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- If no college degree, 3+ years of fulltime work experience strongly preferred
- Healthcare track (e.g. pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) is preferred
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn and navigate new software quickly
- Most assignments require a typing speed of at least 60 WPM
- Some assignments require a typing speed of at least 80 WPM
- Some assignments require strong second language skills, such as Spanish fluency
- Highly motivated to learn about medicine and medical decision-making
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multitask effectively
- On-site assignments require the ability to stand for up to 4 hours in succession, carrying a laptop computer from room-to-room
- On-site assignments require reliable transportation to and from all assigned work-sites
- Remote assignments typically require a HIPAA-compliant home office (more details will follow)
Scribe-X is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status. We also support a safe and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. Discrimination in all forms is unacceptable at Scribe-X, and Scribe-X is committed to a workplace free from discrimination and retaliation. Applicants for employment are also entitled to selection and hiring processes free from discrimination and retaliation. Scribe-X encourages applicants who believe that Scribe-X has subjected them to discrimination or retaliation to contact Scribe-X’s human resources at 971-219-1470 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mailing a letter to Scribe-X Human Resources, 931 SW King Avenue, Portland, OR 97205. All applicant complaints shall be addressed promptly, and Scribe-X shall respond to the applicant within five (5) business days of receipt unless extenuating circumstances prevent compliance with this deadline.
Company – Scribe-X
Website: https://www.scribe-x.com/Click Here to Apply